Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

dodge factory warranty

Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 PM
bustangs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge factory warranty

wondering if all service needs to go thru a real dodge dealership? don't want to void my warranty, or have any problems down the road if i need to have warranty work done...thanks

as an example, would an aftermarket remote start effect the warranty?

Old 06-25-2019, 02:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Most aftermarket stuff won't bother the warranty, unless you start doing internal engine/trans/differential stuff. That most certainly will. But, alarms, stereos, or pretty much any 'bolt on' mod is just fine. However, the dealer won't work on the aftermarket stuff, and if they determine that your aftermarket add-on, or, it's installation, was responsible for the problem you brought the car into the dealer for...... it becomes your problem, and the expense comes out of your pocket.

A way to avoid that, is while the car is still under warranty, just get the dealer installed accessories, and have the dealer install them. (yep, expensive, but, how much did you just spend on that car? )

Old 06-25-2019, 06:15 PM
bustangs
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, thats what i was thinking. Mopar seems to have a nice catalog of accessories.

as far as going to dodge, I have no faith in the employees. i have been working with shops and mechanics for a long time. Fastest and cheapest solution to every problem. seen cars hacked apart for a remote start install... i really don't want panel clips broke, scratched dashes, dents and dings from dropped tools, etc.

also think i would do a better job, just cause its my car, not a number or flat rate quantity of hours vs. do it once, and do it right... i think people just don't care about quality, theres no money in it. costs too much.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dodge factory warranty