Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2010 Dodge Charger RKE Location

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 09:47 PM
wesley.h
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Dodge Charger RKE Location

Hi guys,

I've a 2010 Dodge Charger, slowly fixing the things that need to be replaced on it. Does anyone have an inkling of the location of the RKE module? I can't find much of that info with google.

Wes

Old 03-02-2020, 12:23 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

It's called a "wireless ignition node", it's the module that has the key switch, aka SKREEM. Does double duty as both wireless receiver and sentry key module.

Old 03-02-2020, 08:35 AM
wesley.h

Originally Posted by Magnoom
It's called a "wireless ignition node", it's the module that has the key switch, aka SKREEM. Does double duty as both wireless receiver and sentry key module.
I've just seen it called a RKE. But, alright. I bought a replacement anyhow, just wondering where the part is in the car, to replace it.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Apparently you missed the part where I said "it's the module that has the key switch". You can't program it anyway, also if you can't even figure out where it goes after someone tells you what it is...you might wanna take it somewhere...even if you do figure out where it goes, the minute you try to start it it's gonna lock your PCM since the module will not have initialized and programmed to the PCM.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:22 AM
wesley.h

I have no interest in self install, just looking for details on installation so as to not get ripped off by an installation/ tech shop.

Old 03-11-2020, 02:00 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

First of all why are you replace the WIN module in the first place. If you are having an issue. Did you check with the dealer for a K08 recall. the replace the WIN and two fobs. Besides you will need the dealer add the secret key code.

The following users liked this post:
Magnoom (03-11-2020)

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Charger RKE Location