Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:47 PM
topbanna3767
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps

which version did you get and what did they give you ? look at the last 2 letters ae is the newest version all the dealers seem to have ad

Old 06-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Lambs R/T

You are now travelling in, or your destination is in an area that does not include turn by turn navigation[sm=insomnia.gif]. Please proceed to the highlighted route[sm=helpout.gif].
Stay away from Las Vegas[sm=badidea.gif], and Compton California[sm=escape.gif].

[IMG]local://upfiles/66587/990D8F3F56204FBEBA635A0FDA287427.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2007, 01:35 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

As long as somone else opened this thread back up... Does anyone have a version newer than AE? If they do, I would like to offer my service to create a backup disk for you in case the original ever gets scratched or damaged.The only charge is your shipping costs to my address, I will courier it back to your house the following day, with the complimentary copy. I understand others have had a difficult time attempting this, but my AE copy has been running in my car since last October. This allows me to store my original at home and not subject it to the extremely hot Texas climate.
Always glad to help.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Stroker
Veteran

Sounds like the best bet is to just make the stealership put in an aftermarket system when buying your vehicle.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Here'sJohnny

There is no excuse. I complained from day 1 that there is stuff that is right even on their own site (Navteq) that isn't right on my car and since they are oblligated to give an update for free if it becomes available within a few months of the consumer purchasing the device (ie-car) they waited over a year to put out a map update which they sent me a copy a year after THAT, wanting me to pay 200 bucks for it to "unlock it"... I refuse to pay for something when a)it should have been right to begin with; I understand future improvements I can pay for but it should be right at least up till the time I purchase the car, maybe a year behind. But there is a major highway (US1) that was moved in 2004/5 near my house that wasn't right on my 2008 car... not to mention the road I live on was named in the 50's and it is wrong in their database...
b) How do I know this thing isn't as grossly outdated as the one I have... I don't want to pay 200 bucks to go from accurate as of 1946 to accurate as of 1947...

I have a 2008 Charger RT/RT with the Mygig radio btw, if anybody that is "in the know" wants to chime in.

I am highly disappointed in my jump from used mercedes to new dodges... I doubt I will be a repeat customer based on the level of support I have got from every little issue/question submitted... I was a member of CAB, then it seemed like nobody was listening, then they closed it and went here and facebook, so we shall see if this is any better. Mopar needs to wake up and start listening to customers. Ford is the only one who didn't need the bailout and I'm starting to see why. While I was submitting questions about being able to use my bluetooth to dock and play music from my phone in addition to using car as handset and not getting any hello of a response, ford was developing their interface that allows, not only that, but to use car's screen as phone's gps screen...

Good job guys....

Quick Reply: Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps