Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Picked up 06 Charger 2.7 for $500

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2022 | 10:29 PM
Skatulaki
|
Rookie
Default Picked up 06 Charger 2.7 for $500

Rescued this baby out of a pile of leaves and pine needles! Body and frame solid. Been sitting for a while, 2 tires flat, and was sunk over time to where car was almost sunk to the ground.
Cleaned it up, dragged it out of it's hole, put a battery in, and it cranked up ( eventually ) and runs good !
Before I can drive it home, it has a sticky Throttle /Gas pedal. I have not had the time to investigate this problem. Should I look for it from the gas pedal ? or elsewhere?
I'm planning to drive it for a while, then drop a hemi in it. Always wanted a Hemi!

Last edited by Skatulaki; 02-13-2022 at 11:26 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-14-2022 | 08:59 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Sell it as quickly as you can. 2.7 has this notorious spontaneous combustion feature.

Old 02-15-2022 | 10:45 PM
Skatulaki
|
Rookie

Your advice helps me in what way? I asked about sticky throttle, not how crappy the 2.7 is ! I didn't buy the car to sell it, but to make it the way I would like it, everybody knows the 2.7 water pump is essentially in the oil pan and when the pump leaks coolant it screws the engine. But I didn't ask about that did I? I found no evidence of " Spontaneous combustion" issues with the 2.7. I did find that many have ran extremely well, so your current advice wasn't worth the 2 seconds I spent reading it.
I said that I might drive it for a while, then drop a Hemi in it. Why wouldn't I drive it a while with what it currently has so I can figure out where all the bugs are?

Expletives like you are as bad as that expletive at Mr. Transmission today who also chose to insult my intelligence and abilities without even knowing me ! Its ok though !

Old 02-16-2022 | 09:35 AM
Magnoom
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Skatulaki
Your advice helps me in what way? I asked about sticky throttle, not how crappy the 2.7 is ! I didn't buy the car to sell it, but to make it the way I would like it, everybody knows the 2.7 water pump is essentially in the oil pan and when the pump leaks coolant it screws the engine. But I didn't ask about that did I? I found no evidence of " Spontaneous combustion" issues with the 2.7. I did find that many have ran extremely well, so your current advice wasn't worth the 2 seconds I spent reading it.
I said that I might drive it for a while, then drop a Hemi in it. Why wouldn't I drive it a while with what it currently has so I can figure out where all the bugs are?

Expletives like you are as bad as that expletive at Mr. Transmission today who also chose to insult my intelligence and abilities without even knowing me ! Its ok though !
Your fire *shrug*
EVERY 2.7 LX in the local junkyards here has caught fire. That's Chargers, Magnums and 300's.
You enjoy your underpowered, overweight boat LMAO
Based on that post (and previous):
I said that I might drive it for a while, then drop a Hemi in it.
You most likely do not have the skillset necessary to successfully accomplish that.

Last edited by Magnoom; 02-16-2022 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-16-2022 | 10:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Triggered much? Check your short fuse at the door.

The following users liked this post:
Magnoom (02-16-2022)

Quick Reply: Picked up 06 Charger 2.7 for $500