Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:49 PM
Rivalry
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question

Oh the kids of today, so many things are given to them...nothing earned. Most of the responses are from people who probably bought thier first car with thier very own hard earned money. As for my response? If you are worried about 3.30 cents a gallon, then ANY Charger is not the car for you. There are many cars out there that are safe, better handling and great fuel economy.
If you think you will be more carefull because it is a Charger and more expensive, then I would go for getting your parents to get you a Viper that way you will be extremely carefull.
I say pass on the Charger and go for a front wheel or all wheel drive vehicle with a 4 cylinder.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:26 AM
HoboDan

Well i'd just like to thank you all for your quick and information packed replies.
The Charger would not be my first car, it will be my second, my first car is a 97 Honda Accord with 100kmiles on it, and i am very grateful for even getting that car. Also even though my parents are contributing a great deal of money into my new car it won't be without my help of about 7k from working. And Although my parents will pay for insurence i will eventually take over payments in college, as for gas my parents help me out with that here and there. Honestly like any teenager and any person i am likely to speed, my parents know that. I know the Sterotype that comes with being a teenage driver, speeding and recklessness, and it probably is a correct sterotype. I'm a responible person and i would be totally fine if my parents had my car electronically limitted even more than the stock. The Reson i am hesitant about the v6 is that the whole resale value of the car will go down, America cars especially muscle cars will make it difficult to sell if its a v6. THanks again for the replies and a v8 would be nice but might have to settle with the v6.

Old 05-03-2006, 07:27 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

If gas keeps getting more expensive, that V-6 might not depreciate as much as you think. In fact, it might be worth more than the V-8 in time.

dave

Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 AM
Hemifyd
Rookie

Well I can tell you that with a $20 grand STX budget you would be better off buying a late 60's Charger or early 70's Challanger. Unless your parents have $35K to put on a Daytona I'd go old school besides its a heck of a lot of sheet metal to protect you as well as impress your friends. If you build it you will respect your efforts and won't tear it up overnight. If you wreck it then you can afford to repair it with out using insurance. Besides its a good way to build quality family together time working on it as well.

Good luck

Old 05-04-2006, 04:15 AM
HoboDan

I would love to build my own car and i'm sure i'd have more respect for cars in general but i don't have the equipment and the ability and the knowledge. Maybe the v6 might be a good idea. I think that an old charger might fall apart as well and the gas will be terrible in it, but don't get me wrong i freaking love the old 60s chargers.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:11 AM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

i suggest you get the v6 high output like one of them said.. plus the insurance is gonna be hecktic.. trust me i know.. but the r/t is nothing.. if you want power and all out class get the srt 8 charger.. i mean if you think you can handle all that power.. hehe.. but like all said get some experience under your belt.. i have been test driving new cars and stuff since i was 17 and im 19 now.. been in 2 accidents and one ticket.. got my lic taken away because of that ticket.. and i get stopped more then youll ever know cause charger= spart car=cop thinks trouble..y ou gotta relize youll be on every cops radar and youllbe watched like afreakin hawk!

Quick Reply: Question