Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Tire pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tire pressure sensor

I've seen the Michelins on my wife's 300m vary by more than 6 pounds from cold on a hot summer day (her TPM gives numbers rather than just an idiot light). While it is true that slightly elevated pressures aren't as dangerous as underinflation (to a point), your starting pressure might be high enough to go out of the normal range for the sensor when the tires come up to temp and trigger the error. If they were closer the correct pressure, the pressure would stay within "normal" operating parameters and the sensors would be happy. I usually run a couple of pounds higher than recommended for better handling but not much more than that. Too much pressure will cause the tires to bounce rather than flex and stay planted. It rattles your fillings and there is no traction while the wheel is off the ground. Makes for some cool pictures though.

Redbeard

Quick Reply: Tire pressure sensor