Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

If you're getting bad wear on the front tires...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 01:14 PM
mastersoul9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wear on tires

ya i noticed that my tires 2007 dodge charger sxt were starting to vibrate above 60 mph. I have some experiance in the mechanic field and decided to take it to a tire shop and have tires rebalanced. kind of odd for a car that only has 10k miles on it. after they balanced my tires, the ride was nice but a bit hard on bumps. Then i noticed the tire pressure was incorrect and had to much air. I checked all the tires and corrected the air to manufactors spec. and now all is good.

Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM
mastersoul9

Originally Posted by Daytona1454
My buddy who owns an SXT. He had to replace his Goodyear Integrity tires after only 34K miles as his car would slip and slide. Took it to the Dodge dealer - they did nothing; said tires are still good. His last resort was to change to Michelin which work very well. No more slipping and sliding.

2006 Dodge Charger Daytona Top Banana 1454
i have a 2007 and same tires. Ya, the slip like crazy. I started to think the esp wasnt working but good to know that these tires suck on this type of car. I only have 10k miles on my charger sxt.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
stanczyk
Default proper Charger ...Modern Muscle debate

dont even show mi pictures of current Charger

Jeep SRT8 is m Boy,

I dont have one , but it's my beloved machine

300 SRT 8 is also sweet,

Challenger , dont even ask, ..3 of them are Hummer Killers !!

but whats wrong with Charger ?

what are they waiting for?

producer wchich will put retro-midsize on the market....I presume will be a winner... (2 door / 4 seats.because now You need two pony cars to go for a party with friends..
theira are toys , and even high tax wont stop people from buying them ...

I think first retro-midsize will be new GTO....or maybe Ford wil jump out with it's "Starsky and Hutch ' reinterpretation....(and will be first like with the Mustang) I've noticed that on Ford's forum people ask where is next retro hot rod from Ford....

......but maybe redone Charger, !

what do You think , will dodge change this 4 door - uninspiering joke into sth nice , "I'll kick Your but" muscle-machine?

they scholud do it, even if they will call it Charger RT special edition (coupe)...they can left that four door familly sedan named Charger, and put some additional name on new project,

I did some simple excersize : I draw really simple"Charger concept" in paint programme, based on black Challenger,

I stretch the pictute put "coke bottle" accents on a body , cut rear and front like it was in oryginal chargers and it works !(I wil try to put this here I'm not sure how about quality..but You can get a proportions.......this picture I belive looks better than 2006 Charger itself ...

i think it's almost only a matter of body pannels , ....mechanicals and HEMI powertrain are ready - current Charger SRT8 ,

dont waste HEMI herritage @!

You also have barracuda to built (ok...there's nice challenger so You can left that...) but roadrunner, charger

there're very nice concepts delivered by independent designer Michael Leonhard...

wish You good luck chrysler/ dodge ..

Modern Muscle debate !

Im writing an article about modelm Muscle,
any suggestions matters, can you recomand me some other dodge forums? Chrysler is my favourite in muscle cars war
thanks,
ernwopr@wp.pl

Old 09-27-2008, 09:03 AM
Armageddes
Rookie
Default Alignment

After the new tires went on, I opted for a fresh front-end alignment. As I suspected (given the wear pattern on the tires), the front end was slightly toed in. They made the appropriate adjustments, and I have driven the car for a day or two in a variety of conditions.

The car is a handful to drive down the interstate. Even on a flat surface, the car will drift, primarily to the right. It's honestly hard to keep on the road at times, if you aren't paying pretty close attention.

I spoke with the dealership and they said that Dodge does not intentionally toe the front end to provide stability, etc. It's going back, (maybe they just screwed up) but my real question is this: Are there factory specs for the front end? I think it is possible that the car requires a slight toe, but that opinion is not based on anything other than the fact that I changed the alignment and now it drives like my '67 442....

Anyway, thanks

Old 10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default Alignment Specs

My personal experience - way back - was that my Charger's front end was set at 1 degree toe in. That meant that it would react very quickly to steering input. I couldn't keep it in a straight line! Took it back and they checked it, said it was right. I then took it to the Ford dealer where my son works, and they put on their machine. They said their info indicated that the "new" specs were to set the toe in at zero! Now, it is much better. Toe in will NOT provide stability - it makes the car steer faster, i.e., faster response to steering input.

That, in a nut shell, is what I can tell you about it.

Dave

Old 10-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Armageddes
Rookie

Thanks Dave. I did have the dealership do a front end alignment, and that solved the problem. The KDWS' are really sticky -- I think part of the problem was the car did have a tendency to "dart." Steering response is much better, of course. I think I got used to the bald oems. The drifting is much better, however (again, did they toe in? who knows.)

Interesting that the dealership denied the 1 degree toe. Sometimes I wonder if one service guy knows what the other is doing/saying (ie the customer service guys vs. the actual mechanics).

Anyway, thanks for the input. These tires are fabulous so far. I recently saw another R/T with 255/45/20's that looked really good too (they actually fit).

Old 10-07-2008, 06:05 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Glad to help. Even the area factory rep didn't know the specs had been changed to zero. He had to go check. Got 'em on that one! :-)

Old 02-25-2009, 02:16 PM
carmania11

I have Goodyear tire in my vehicle and I am happy from it.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:17 AM
chevyguy1973
Professional

Ours came with the Goodyear Assurance, but at 40k we changed to Bridgestone Turanza Serenity and love them. I'm hoping to get more than 40k out of these. Never had any alignment problems, but I use a local tire shop because of business arrangements.

Quick Reply: If you're getting bad wear on the front tires...