Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Morpheus update

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
mnboy
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Morpheus update

Dogegirl, go into your preferences on your firewall program and set it (tell it) to allow downloads from the SC site. Firewalls are there to stop the unknown, not the known sites.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional

Until there is a deliverable product, it should be considered "vaporware". Not to say that the gentleman won't deliver, but a lot of technical, financial, and legal things can affect whether this will be a viable product. Another lesson learned at HKU (Hard Knox University) is to never use version 1.x or a version with a .0 suffix (1.0, 2.0, 3.0 . . .). Wait for at least the first set of bug fixes.

I checked out the website but there really isn't enough info to make a decision one way or the other. There is no mention on how the product is going to function. Does it flash or not (I'm starting to feel like an exhibitionist here ). Is it a stand alone product or something that runs on a PC/notebook/PDA?

CAN is a communication protocol. This is how the controllers and devices "talk" to each other. Kinda like Ethernet in the computing networking world. OBD(II,III,etc.) is how the information that is transmitted over the CAN is formatted. These are minimum standards that the manufacturers use to make these things work. All manufacturers also have proprietary extensions to these standards. This is where the real tweaking occurs and is usually closely guarded.

With all that said, I applaud the effort to bring out an (more) affordable tuner for the masses and I hope that Morpheus succeeds. The market for these products is still in it's infancy so you never truly recover the costs of bringing something like this to market at this stage. A lot of hard work and frustration (and elation) goes into something like this. The more products like this there are, the better it is for us as consumers. This is definitely worth keeping an eye on.

I'm not ready to toss out my ice cube trays full of metering jets, air bleeds and advance springs yet, but I starting to get a small handle on the new generation of tuning tools. The fundamentals are still there, you just get at them differently.

I'll have more time in a few weeks to research these things a little further as I'm going having some personal suspension work done and will have some time on my hands as I R&R. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Monday and will try to convince him to use the heavy duty off-road model hip implant since I teach kids how to kick butt 5 times a week . I still intend to test for Master level BB when I'm eligible in 2008. Ya know, maybe I can write off my Charger as a medical expense since I won't be able to drive my stick shift truck for a while. Hmmm.

Redbeard

Old 08-03-2006, 02:35 PM
mnboy
Captain

Thanks Redbeard. I knew you'd enlighten us. I apprecite your comments and insight. I understand what you are saying about caution. Good advise.

Sorry to hear about your upcoming operation, but nice to know you can be as good as new. [sm=signs003.gif]

You going to have to shave off your beard, Red? By the time it grows back, you'll be playing basketball with the kids...

MN

Old 08-03-2006, 02:54 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Hey, Red! Good luck with the surgery and the Rehab. Just do what they tell ya and you'll be back kicking before you know it.

Thanks very much for all your insight, and we'll all look forward to hearing from you while you recoup. Take care, my friend.

dave

Old 08-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional

Did that once. My kid thought I looked too wierd and my wife said it made me look too young and it made her look too old. Guess I'm stuck with it. I might have to change my handle to whitebeard one of these days though.

At 5'4" all the kids are bigger than me and they can kick my butt at roundball! That's why I do martial arts, they may be younger and faster but I'm older and have more dirty tricks.

Redbeard.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:24 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

From what I Have read latley he is in some legal trouble do to Morpheous.So I think there will be none

Old 08-21-2006, 01:23 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I saw the same thing. It's dead now but hopefully the legal roadblocks will be removed. The project developer asked that we refrain from talking and speculating about the legal stuff. I’m respecting that request.

Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

agreed done here for now .

Quick Reply: Morpheus update