Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Morpheus update

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morpheus update

I’m looking forward to Morpheus coming to fruition and putting the SC up for sale on ebay.

For those that don't know about this see: www.projectmorpheus.com/index.html

Looking
1. September 1, 2006. Field testing of Morpheus begins. I will be starting with Auto-tune for street first then moving on to auto-tune for the drag strip. I will be going to Atlanta's drag strip several times during this timeframe and I will announce dates so anyone who wants to come along is more than welcome.

2. October 11, 2006 I leave for Sacramento and MOFO5

3. October 13, 2006 The first live testing of Morpheus begins. We will be testing the auto tune dyno live via web cast.

4. If all of the testing goes as expected, November 1, 2006 we will begin shipping Morpheus.

That's right, the countdown to launch has begun. I am fully committed to these dates and foresee few obstacles to meeting those deadlines.

Final pricing will not be announced until MOFO5. I have some tentative pricing and need to see if I can reduce it some more. The cost of the cable to connect the car to the laptop is what is holding things up. I am trying to negotiate a better price.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:04 PM
mnboy
Captain
Default RE: Morpheus update

Wow. This is what I have been talking about. I have written this guy a email and encouraging his efforts. If it does all he says it will, this would be the way to go. I'd certainly wait for it. I only have the Jet 2 chip in, but this is really sounds like the way to go. My son has a laptop program for his STi and the car is totally something else when he sets it to the race program. A little race gas and see yea...

Hey Redbeard, let us know what you think. You seem to have a handle on this computer stuff...

Old 08-01-2006, 09:18 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

The idea is sound, and if the price is right, then I WANT ONE.

But.... IF the guys at Superchips, who do this for a living, cannot make it work after trying for more than six months full time, what makes yo think that you can do better? Trust me, given access to engine timing is a DANGEROUS thing. You might as well order a crate engine for a backup... cuz Dodge aint gonna replace an engine that was destroyed by detonation under warranty...

Just my 2 cents, or is it centavos here in Texas...?

Old 08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

It sounds REALLY great! But, unlike the SC, I will wait a while and see how it really works, and what works.

I too wonder how he can do all this and SC hasn't been able to do a lot of this stuff - like "you" pick the tranny shift points, and "completely" disable the traction control?

dave

Old 08-01-2006, 03:39 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I agree w/you Dave, don't be on the bleeding edge of technology. Heck I didn't jump on the SC ship until about a month and a half ago. I have been very pleased with SC and the directory their heading with online updates.

Some are reporting detonation w/SC. Personally I've heard a few knocks during high rev passes w/my Charger; not recently but in the past w/SC flash.

I’m sure that everyone knows SC isn't the only programmer out there. SC is passive at best on their programming; HyperTech is in the same category catering to the masses. On the more aggressive side B&G is known for their flashes, but that’s a one time shot. I would say look into what KRC is doing but I believe they use B&G for their flashes. There are a few out there writing their own personal fuel maps.

This was just a heads up for those interested in Morpheus. It’s going to more of an open system, providing flash sharing and more programming flexibility <= and along with that is the possibility of needing spare parts per IXLR8 all depending on how aggressive you want to get. Morpheus has been test/flashing LXers for quite some time with successful results.

Old 08-01-2006, 04:44 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Hi, Randall. I'm not knocking them at all. Whatever anyone can do to unlock the "secrets" to the traction control, etc., I'm all for. I'm hoping that SC will get a bit more aggressive with their tuning.

I haven't experienced any detonation with mine, but I don't have the high shift point set either. (That altitude thing, again). If I could set my own shift points, totally get rid of the traction control when I want, and get some more bottom end and still keep the mid-top end rush this thing has, I'd be a totally happy guy .

dave

Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I'm still trying to figure out why 74scamp lit a smoke bomb underneath the rear of his car, isn't he aware of the fire danger?

Hopefully this Morpheus "HAL Lobotomizer" thingy will let us do the same...

Old 08-01-2006, 09:36 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I know Dave; it's the mystery why someone hasn't unlocked the ESP and torque management. I've heard tail that if someone sells a device that totally disables ESP torque management they may have legal liability, who knows... I sure don't.

I do know that the Hypertech (I'm sure SC has the same type settings) for my 03 RAM was much better on shift point options. With it you could set the shift point up or down by 100 rpm increments from stock. Guess SC and others will get there w/our tyrannies, just a matter of when.

These people that study the data signaling on the CAN Bus and reverse engineer it are way over my head. I too hope some will unlock more of the potential of these cars. Too bad DCX doesn’t disclose this information.

All hail the "HAL Labotomizer" (<= LOL Good one IXLR8!) we're tired of being HALed!

Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 AM
dodgegirl67
Professional

I'm going to chime in my 2 cents also...My program still makes my car bang out at 6200 shift point. Quite annoying..I have to let off the gas just before that point and let the RPM drop down abit and force it to shift before banging out. I too am a little concerned about the whole idea of free range on the programming. Everyone knows my problems I have had with my computer. Thats just what my banana needs to see. Queen-O-Fuses messing with Hal to the point of detonation. He would really be pissed at me.

I still cant get the SC update download past my firewall. I am working on it though.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:05 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

All I can say, folks, is: HAL, YES!!

dave

Quick Reply: Morpheus update