Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

hood idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 08:33 PM
chargin69
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hood idea

The shaker hood is SWEET A$$ SWEET!! However, I have a Mopar CAI and it won't work with it. I called up there to just get the shaker and they said it wouldn't work unless I bought the whole enchilada!! So if somebody buys it I would like to know if it would work with just the shaker. I would like to see somebody make a snap on shaker like the engine cover. Just snap on, cut hole in hood and viola!!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Midnight Blue
Professional

Maybe those people who don't appreciate the mechanical noises might hear the difference but I don't think I've met a Charger owner who fits that description.

I have good memories as a kid in New York, but I now live in the Pacific Northwest where I don't need to shovel the rain

Redbeard

Old 08-14-2006, 01:48 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

The RAMAirHood (RAH) w/RAH intake is another type of CAI. IMHO performance gains from any CAI on a stock Charger are marginal, some will argue this point.

I love the shaker hood, the looks are way too cool. Personally I didn't like all the plastic placed under the hood that vents to the OEM airbox. The RAH intake adds that big plastic box above the the intake and manifold but not near as much as the shaker.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:13 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

hi there all ive looked at all your guys ideas.this has become my final opinion first for the shaker hood install hood must be cut open and original oem box installed with the top removed so the air will be directed in,which means 1000 for shaker another 400 for a new hood original will not be destroyed then painted for another 300 -500 dollars so know im upto almost 2000 dollars and then the cold air intake is wasted ,another 300 wasted,so im going with the ramair hood that the air is vented over the cold air intake so in my opnion between the air being made available to the engine via cai ,and the hood funneling the air to it as well ill be saving 1300 dollars and it will look just as hot as the shaker hood ,now the question becomes what graphics will i put on the new hood

Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 AM
chargin69
Rookie

Flat Black!! Oh ya, add hood pins on the front!! SWEET!!!

Quick Reply: hood idea