Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Rear Tires....3rd set - 16000 miles?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006 | 01:19 AM
Lateral-G
Professional
Default RE: Rear Tires....3rd set - 16000 miles?!

ORIGINAL: dcopel02

OK, OK, I know that many ofyou will say that I am driving my charger too hard. Maybe I drove it a little hard at first....and my rear tires were bald at 10,000 miles! OK, I have a stang that I burn the tires all the time...and get MUCH better tire wear. And, they are Z rated tires! So, after I replaced my tires the 1st time, I have been driving it like a granny! NO tires spin. NO going fast through curves. The only thing I can feel is if I hit bumps, the rear ed bounces around. I talked to the dealer about it...they say that I should put a bag of sand in the back to weight it down. Bag of sand? Why should I have to fill my trunk with a bag of sand? And, I am not completely sure that is what is wrong with it! Anyway, now after baby'ing it for 6,000 more miles....they are bald! Any ideas? Are you having this problem? What can I do. Is there a different tire I should have put on?

Oh yea....It is a R/T....Hemi.......charger....

Pleaes help! I can't afford to keep putting tires on there!
What tires are they? contis?

I had an '05 Magnum R/T and the tires were work out at 16K. I had them replaced under the tire warranty from NTB
(warranty service for Continental). They said the problem most likely was that DC did not correctly match the tire to the engine/drivetrain. From what I understand regular Charger R/T's, SXT's come with Contis. Only Daytonas and SRT-8's come with Michelins. I think if you go with a good set of anything beside Contis you'll be fine.

I only have 5K miles on my Charger Daytona but the tires are wearing much better than my Magnum did.

-G-

Old 08-16-2006 | 04:34 AM
Gomango#2968
Rookie

6500 miles on my Daytona and rotated at 3000. No noticable wear at all. You definatly have a mechanical problem if you are driving it that easy.

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:05 AM
charginscott
Veteran

Anyone heard anything, good or bad, about the Goodyear Assurance tires? That is what came on my R/T.

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:39 AM
mnboy
Captain

Charginscott,

One of the best places to go read about tire information is www.tirerack.com -- there you can go and read analysis of dry, wet, and snow performance and just how actual owners like or dislike them.

More info than you'll ever need -- and then some.

MN

Old 09-14-2006 | 05:06 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: charginscott

Anyone heard anything, good or bad, about the Goodyear Assurance tires? That is what came on my R/T.
I got rid of my Contis and put Goodyear Assurance tires on mine. Big improvement - quieter, smoother, and much better traction.

dave

Quick Reply: Rear Tires....3rd set - 16000 miles?!