Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Close calls or expensive stops??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 06:45 AM
NiceRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Close calls or expensive stops??

Wow. I am new hear I know. I have read many many posts and pages. I read this one too. I love my RT and have done things to it. I do have a question on this thread though.

I read many thins about cops and stuff but I am wondering why no matter what is said only this Z4edd guy is the one mentioned? Not everybody agreed with the ones who say they are cops. Topbanana3969 or whomever. I like cops. They like me. I thought the Daytonort guy was meaner about cops. If this the way this forum is maybe I'm in the wrtong place.

The last guy. KayleysDad or whatever. How come you have a topless picture of your kid? Isn't that just a little worong?

Old 09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

hi there and your in the right place dont sweat it .Its like the godfather movies sometime its gotta happen to clean the bad blood out ....but youll find that the sight is more then a good spot for info and help.even zedd

Old 09-03-2006, 09:13 PM
karleysDAD
Rookie

NiceRT (Fred Johnson):
You have some problems if you think I put my little Honeys picture in here because she has no top. And worse yet why would you even look at such a Happy baby pic. And think about why she has no shirt.

You may want to take your self to your local PD and reg's. your self.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:13 PM
dodgegirl67
Professional

Oh come on now mnboy...Work one eight hour shift as a cop in a busy town and you will see you are being reactive not proactive..Going from call to call...They are actually calling you while you are still out on a call to go to another call...That is REACTIVE....Riding around stopping by the park to chit chat with local teens and just be out there to be seen is done on days..some of the time...Work evenings and midnights and you run from call to call...Just like working at a refinery...85% of the work on the equipment is reactive..."Hey we got a bad reading on this valve or signal in the control room, can you look at it before it shuts the unit down?"...Reactive....Not.."Hey can you shut this part of the unit down so I can do a PM (preventative maintenance) on this valve?" Yeah right...I can really see them doing that for me. All I am saying is, it was my experience that MOST of my work for the PD was REACTIVE not proactive...Why dont you do a poll at your local pd and find out if they think they are being REactive or PROactive and get back to me?

Let's end this nonsense. I am sorry I ever started this thread...I guess the next thread I start will be PROACTIVE...Because this one was definitely REACTIVE.

[sm=badidea.gif][sm=boosign.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 09-04-2006, 08:17 PM
mnboy
Captain

KarleysDad,

I left that comment alone from Nice RT, but I think he was the ONLY one to THINK such a thought. I was abit taken back by it, in fact. I think the same as you do Dad, if someone is thinking along that line, they better think of help!

MN

Old 09-04-2006, 08:25 PM
mnboy
Captain

Dodgegirl,

The reactive/proactive is moot. I was in for 14 years, and at the same time I was a Nationally Registered EMT, I fully understand the pro/reactive take. We certainly could agrue, but we are coming from the same place but since I'm older, I probably have a different take on it. OK, it's over. No rant from me about you -- won't happen. [sm=deal.gif]

I'm 10-7 on this one.

MN

Old 09-04-2006, 08:42 PM
dodgegirl67
Professional

mnboy...
I think its funny you say that since you are older you probably have a different take on police work. I say that because like I mentioned earlier, my husband is 15 years older than me and has been in police work since the early 70's. Our biggest fights were over if one) you chase a guy that ran from you..(of course it really depended on the crime committed) and two) what happened to the guy that ran from you after you caught him. My husband being old school was one) why chase the guy to begin with only to possibly get hurt and be tied up doing paperwork for half the evening? and two) after you caught him he has to go to the hospital first...Me being younger one)chase him for the fun of it and two) if he went to the hospital first then your second stop after the jail was IAD...That got old for me real fast. Old school got away with it and the new way was you were going to get complained on so treat him with respect even after he diesrespected you and ran from you...

So you see I had my fair share of fights with old school police work... I RESPECT all of you except for NiceRT...I have to back everyone up on this one...Its a baby picture for Godness sake!! It's not a bad picture...It's a picture of a sweet little baby girl!!!

mnboy...You the one that owns your own construction business now?? Mostly electrical or both instrument/ electrical?? Tough job also...HOT job right now...Down here in southeast Texas we are short handed on contractor labor in the local plants due to Katrina and Rita hurricanes last year...All the good hands are taking the higher paying jobs and leaving the local refineries in a bind for labor..

Old 09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
mnboy
Captain

Dodgegirl,

Nope not me in construction. I still work for the county but in a different job.

I started police work in 1967 as an Explorer Scout, in the identification division. After I got my license in 1968, I went to the EVOC course and learned the left/right, 10-2 steering position and then started diving into jail division, radio division, and patrol (my favorite) division. In 1975 I went full time, but left CA for MN. I was an NR-EMT-A (Nationally Registered EMT Ambulance) from 1975 until 1994. I left law enforcement in 1988 and left the ambulance crew in 1994.

I could tell you things that would make you laugh and cry -- I'm sure you could with me too. All in all, it is a great job in a lousy whiny society. When the cops have to worry about public opinion instead of doing their job, we are soon all doomed. The media has killed trust in our society -- nothing is sacred anymore, especially when they blow open undercover national security work, because "they have the RIGHT to know..." or "the public NEEDS to know".

Why? I would rather be safe and not know.

Rant over.

MN

PS = let's go find a Mustang to blow away... cover THAT channel 4!!

Old 09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Velryba

you girl, you damn lucky and not only once

but the rest of the post (OK just 90%) is just bla bla bla rubbish bla bla bla bollocks bla bla bla

So instead of more bla bla bla, tell me some more laughing stories when you got pulled over or even when you've pulled someone over.

For me one of the funniest moment was when me and my wife went on holiday to Czech Republic (mind you here in England the drivers seat is on the right!), we came to the Czech border and the patrol officer came to my wife’s/passenger side and asked her where we are coming from and where we are going (he was a German officer and very arrogant). Then he asked her for the papers of the car, so she passed it over. Then he asked for the insurance papers, she passed it over. On all those papers figured my name and he was so arrogant and probably trying to impress the others who were looking at our car as it was quite unusual Opel GTE 2.0 (lots of body styling, bigger wheels, loud exhaust and we were about 20, well young looking bastards ) and then he asked for the driving licence, of course she passed him mine. With his BAD english he said: "I'm not interested in his but I want to see yours."
At that time she hasn't passed her test yet, so her reply was: "But I don't have any." Then he starts shouting out loud so all can hear: "I can't believe she's driving without a licence through the border check." I could allready see some of the other officers starting to laugh, holding theirs faces not to out loud. To that my wife replied: "But I'm not the driver!!!"
Then the hell broke out. All the officers were laughing out loud and pointing at him, he looked inside the car, realized that the steering wheel is on the other side, red faced by anger he showed us to the vehicle check spot and did a proper car search while we were standing outside and still giggling.

And the steering on the other side helped me on several occasions (in Czech) on turning to the road where you were not allowed or driving through a road where only public transport could, always screaming out loud: "Oh my god he has a steering on the other side."
And letting me go after I told them how bad it is to be on the other side

Now those were good times

Old 09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
mnboy
Captain

Velryba,

You're right about the bla-bla-bla and I'm guilty too.

Thanks for bringing us back to the fun stuff...

Good story.

MN

Quick Reply: Close calls or expensive stops??