Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Sorry guys and gals

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006 | 02:04 PM
74scamp
|
Record Breaker
Default Sorry guys and gals

I didn't make it to the strip last night. First, the weather wasn't cooperating. I got a call at 4:30 saying it was raining. Then, it got windy. Well, by the time I would have been leaving for the track, people started calling saying they couldn't make it, so I just blew it off for this weekend. Am planning to try and make it next weekend.

My son said some folks where he works (at a Ford dealership) went Friday night, but didn't have much luck. They were mostly in Mustangs, and apparently the AOD trannies in the new Mustangs aren't very good for drag racing. They all had problems. Even one guy with a supercharged Mustang could barely break into the 15s. Makes me wonder how well I'll really be able to do at this altitude. The track is a little over 5300 feet high. If I can't get into the 14s, I'll be really dissappointed, but I won't know until I try it.

So, we are setting our sights on next weekend - hopefully Friday night. I am very dissappointed I didn't go, but everything just kind of fell apart.

IXLR8 - I think you did pretty well. Afterall, it is all about having fun, right? And it sounds like you had a great time. 60 foot times seem to be sooooo important as far as ETs are concerned, but I wouldn't worry about it. The pro drivers have been doing this for years to get their reaction times down. Heck, I'll be luck to break a 1.0 RT!

dave

Old 09-10-2006 | 02:14 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Sorry guys and gals

Too bad the weather wasn’t clear; hopefully it will be better for you next weekend.

We’re so darn dry (still under water rationing) I would take the rain over planed events.

Old 09-10-2006 | 03:10 PM
74scamp
|
Record Breaker

Guess it just wasn't meant to be last night. Of course, out state fair just started, and it ALWAYS rains during the fair.

One of our members from the UK is here on business, and I talked with him yesterday. My cell phone was messing up (it's a new one, so maybe it's me) and I got a message from him this morning that he called last night and he and his fellow workers who are here on business decided to go on out to the strip to see if I was still there. I'll have to give him a call today. We're tentatively planning on meeting tomorrow night for dinner and a ride in my R/T. He wants to buy one here and have it shipped to the UK. He said he could do that and still save thousands of $$$ on what it would cost over there. He said 300s are going for $60,000 - $70,000 over there.

dave

Old 09-11-2006 | 01:43 PM
mnboy
Captain

Dave,

Shucks... darn weather.

If that keeps up, we'll all get together and send you enough to have it dyno'd .

MN

Old 09-13-2006 | 09:58 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

Thankfully if you are just at the track to get times, the Reaction Time is not part of the ET. It is recorded for your own information only. Your ET does not start until you trip the lights. on your way down the track.

Old 09-13-2006 | 02:22 PM
74scamp
|
Record Breaker

Yeah, I know. That's my one saving grace

dave

Quick Reply: Sorry guys and gals