Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

NICE CAR TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006 | 08:24 PM
440nix
|
Rookie
Default NICE CAR TX

hay MangoInTX , that sure is a nice mod daytona on car of the month. i kind got the same except for chip, hood ,intake, sway bars and springs.
i noticed that you have corsa exhaust. is this from the cat's back ?
because is was just woundering . i did the same , but started with flowmaster muff's first . than went to the corsa's.
much better with the headers. the only thing i don't like was the can's show more in the back. other than that the kick ***. [sm=exactly.gif]
cam's next let me know how it works out and the cost off install?
NICE JOB ON THE RIDE.
yea i'm nice once in awhile. [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
i love beer [sm=alcoholic.gif]

go mango 1342
mopar cai
mopar headers
rear defuser
corsa exhaust

73 charger se 440

Old 09-13-2006 | 09:53 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: NICE CAR TX

Thanks 440nix, yes the Corsa is a CATBack they attach to the midpipes. I agree Corsa shows more from under the rear.

I should get the second cam shipment Friday, FedEx lost the first. Anyhew, I don’t think I’ll have time to install it this weekend, I hope to do it the weekend after.

The cam was a bit pricy at $350, but that’s what it costs to play. Given time they will drop and more will become available. The install will be sweat equity; the resident shade tree mechanic will do it [sm=smiley4.gif] me. I'll do my best to document the install and will post it up.

Good to to see your nice side I don't recall anyone saying you weren't nice, but hey if you love beer your alright in my book!

Old 09-13-2006 | 10:41 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

hey mango quick thought on the upgrade krc performance has a new harmonic balancer you could do at the same time and save your self some time .its a bit pricey at 450 but it supposed to be more stable at higher rpms then the stock one and give better performance since the engine isnt vibrating as much just a thought.i was gonna do both cam and balancer.untill my credit card quite on me need to make some payments

Old 09-14-2006 | 03:48 AM
mnboy
Captain

Save your money. Harmonic balancers certainly have their place, but the new engines, like our 5.7s, are very close in weights, much better than the older engines. If you want to be spinning over the 7,000 range, then you might consider it. Otherwise, the stock item I am sure is good enough.

MN

Quick Reply: NICE CAR TX