Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ESP OR NOT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006 | 04:34 PM
mapson02
|
Rookie
Default ESP OR NOT!!!

I'M GOING TO THE TRACK TONIGHT AND I WAS CURIOUS IF I SHOULD LEAVE ESP ON OR NOT OR SHOULD I DO A BURNOUT OR WHAT HELP I GOT TONIGHT IWILL POST TIMES OK HELP ME

Old 09-22-2006 | 04:40 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: ESP OR NOT!!!

Turn ESP off or pull fuse 17.

Burnout is totally up to you. Go ahead if your use to doing that.

Rev her up to 14-15K then nail it as the light leaves the second to last yellow or on the last yellow.

Good luck!

Old 09-22-2006 | 04:57 PM
mapson02
|
Rookie

well my charger is supriseingly fast it will sit there with out powerbraking and sit and spin i'm nervous that will mess up my times do i leave it in drive our auto as well it i hammer it i promise you i will sit and spin sooo

Old 09-22-2006 | 05:44 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

In that case, drop her in AutoStick and when it's time hit the peddle half way then slowly lower your foot to the floor. Find open road and practice, you'll get the feel for what you can do w/her.

I say to stomp it when the light leaves the second to last or last yellow due to reaction time. With time you will learn what works best for you.

Go out there to have fun and if you can pull some good time slips that's a bonus. This is new, so you’ll have a hoard of butterflies dancing in your stomach and you’ll be pumped.

Old 09-22-2006 | 05:46 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Let a little air out of the rear tires so you'll get a bit more traction. Take em down to around 26psi.

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:25 PM
mnboy
Captain

Mapson,

Try it with and try it without. What the heck. Let us know the difference.

Personally, unless you are running slicks don't do a burn out. The purpose of the burn out is to heat up the special compounded soft rubber
racing slick -- needless with street tires.

Have fun!

MN

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:28 PM
mapson02
|
Rookie

so defintally let the air out alittle bit and gradually floor it right? i havea rt daytona

Old 09-22-2006 | 06:32 PM
mnboy
Captain

Careful on letting out air in the tires. This is very sensitive in race cars. Our average street tires are made for some traction, but not like a race tire. I have no idea what to say to you -- I see some have said 26, some 28. Remember: the lower the tire pressure, the HOTTER the tire becomes when under speed. Our street tires are made for certain pressures -- not a like a race tire. Go there with the alloted pressure and go down from there. Mine I have at 35 PSI. Try a run and go down from there.

MN

Old 09-22-2006 | 07:52 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mapson02

well my charger is supriseingly fast it will sit there with out powerbraking and sit and spin i'm nervous that will mess up my times do i leave it in drive our auto as well it i hammer it i promise you i will sit and spin sooo

The start/launch is the hard part. That's where you will get a quick time or not. If you sit and spin, well, remember the clock is running. I would power break a little - maybe 1000. Then when you release the brake, just "drive" away. It's hard to do, but like said before, try and find a clear road and practice a bit. If you can get it to launch hard and pull hard without spinning, you'll do very well. Let us know how it goes. But remember - HAVE FUN!!!