Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

UConnect problems?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 04:10 AM
Thumperblkrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UConnect problems?????

I have UConnect in my 06' Charger & have been having problems with it hanging up and disconnecting calls. Has anyone out there with UConnect had problems or heard of any. The dealership I bought my R/T from said they don't know what's wrong and just reset it....[>:]

Any info would be appreciated,
Thanks...

Old 01-13-2007, 12:49 PM
BlackestRT
Default RE: UConnect problems?????

If you still have the problem after the reset-- Try another phone for a period of time (maybe a spouse's or buddy's) and see if it drops them. If it does, it is the system failing. If not, then it is the phone. I would bet two cents it is the phone, not the system.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Don't know if this is the same issue but here's a thread w/a UConnect TSB reference over in the Magie Section.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_657726/tm.htm

Old 01-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Thumperblkrt

Thanks much for the info and the link, I'll post updates on the fix..

Old 01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
gundog

hey guys. I just bought an 07 Dodge RAM with U-connect and it's driving me nuts! I have a Moto Q and the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. My wife's motorola raazr works fine. I just traded in my 06 Magnum and the Moto Q worked flawless in there so my guess is that the U-connect in the RAM is a newer version and doesn't work well with the Q. Here's what happens:

Paired successfully, I make a call and hit "send", the stereo cuts out as it should and then immediately you hears the U-connect disconnect tones and the radio palys again however the Moto Q is still dialing and connects to the # dialed. Several seconds later the u-connect kicks in and everything appears fine however you usually miss the other party answering the phone. In the owner's manual of the RAM it does indicate that certain phone manufacturers program their phones not to transmit the dial tone via BT but as soo as the line opens up it will kick in. This is similar to whats happening but worse. Nobody knows anything, Motorola, U-connect, Telus????? My guess is that it is the BT stack which is probably Microsoft driven. Any thoughts??

Quick Reply: UConnect problems?????