Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

i had this crazy idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 04:17 PM
topbanna3767
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i had this crazy idea

well maybe to some it might be crazy but some a genius idea.my crazy idea began when i had given to me last month for loaner a pt cruiser,and naturally i thought out loud and said how fast would this car be with either the 5.7 l hemi or the 6.1 hemi.there would have to be major mods of course but that would be fast car the power to weight ratio would be insane .just thinking out loud ....

Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: i had this crazy idea

A PT on steroids... yea!

Wasn’t someone talking a viper engine in a LX (believe it was a Magie) and someone chimed in that a person dropped one into a PT so why not a Magie. Now a SRT10 in a PT would be totally insane.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:06 AM
408R/T

If my memory serves me right, back when the PT first came out, I think they really did drop a viper engine into one, but this was YEARS ago. If you browse around the internet, you might find it.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:12 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

viper motor in a pt holy sh&^ THAT WOULD MOVE .i would think 8 or 9 1/4 mile at least .

Old 01-20-2007, 01:37 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I think I would be more worried about how not to twist the PT in half, since it does not have a subframe. You would essentially have to build a frame and drivetrain, and then place the PT body on top of it. You would spend more money than buying a new RT-10 Viper. But if yo have to drive a POS PT cruiser that sucks in every aspect but acceleration, have at it.

<slaps self> it just had to be said... Oh wait, I forgot that this is just a, I'm dreaming thread.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:32 PM
topbanna3767
Captain

oh my god i have seen the car picture of course.a pt with a viper motor .the guy was selling it on ebay for 15g heck the motor alone is a least worth that much.it was a tricked out pt it was almost like a pick up truck .it was an experemint and the guy was from detroit so im pretty sure he worked at some automaker .maybe even a custom type shop.the ad said it wasnt street legal yet but would supply the necesary paper work to do so.you would propably need sub frame connectors good ones ,that would propably solve the twist problem ,but heck it would make an awesome street crawler,who would ever guess you had a viper motor in it.well untill maybe you took of liek a rocket that might give it away.but since im apparently not thinking large enough how about a pt with a 426 hemi with turbo boost and nitrous and race it on pinks ive included a link to the car.

Wouldn't You Really Rather Have a Viper-Powered PT Cruiser? - Jalopnik

Old 01-20-2007, 09:29 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I have seen the pictures and I still cannot believe someone did it. By the looks of it, they did build a subframe under car out of box tubing. If it was for sale for $15K, it was probably the wife selling it in a divorce...

I would have to guess that the pickup bed is very shallow, they have to hide the differential down there, something the PT did not have in the rear. It looks like the suspension is all custom, those cast aluminum control arms are not stock PT items. I would think that the floor is pretty high inside the cab to allow the subframe to pass underneath, limiting legroom.

Given the same engine, expertise used, and budget,I probably would have built and AC Cobra. But I'll bet that the guy who built this has already built one just to warm upfor this job.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Trina_Syn
Rookie

But the PT is sooo ugly. It looks like a granny car.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:47 PM
RT 2 NV
Veteran

it would be killer fast but it is ugly like Trina_Synsaid and if you can afford to do that you have money to burn.

Quick Reply: i had this crazy idea