Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

buying a charger this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:28 PM
dario
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying a charger this weekend

As the title says, I'm buying one pretty soon. It's no v8 (can't afford it) but I'm hoping to make it look pretty clean. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any general feedback about their Charger? Just anything from comfortability, reliability, and dependability. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:55 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: buying a charger this weekend

Welcome to the site dario, looking forward to seeing another Chrager owner.

You will be able to make it look real clean reguardless v8 or not. I haven't had mine in the dealership since I drove it off the lot. Some have had issues most are resolved. Check out the v6 section under the main Charger section, you will get lots of good info there.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:13 AM
SidewinderSE
Rookie

Greetings dario and welcome to the site. I have had my Charger SEfor only a couple of months and I love it. No complaints from me. V6/3.5L is a nice model. You have some pretty good speed and it is easy on the wallet.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:23 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Welcome adn Congrats!!!! I am sure you are gonna love it

Old 02-16-2007, 06:05 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

And I welcome you, as well! Have you got one picked out yet? I drove the 3.5L V-6 while in Florida visiting my daughter last summer, and I thought it was a really, really nice car. You'll have to shoot us some pics, and give us the details once you have it home and in your driveway. Congrats! Look forward to hearing more.

dave

Old 02-16-2007, 09:42 PM
dario

Of course I'll take some pics, and I was suprised on the pricing alone, and I heard good things about the mpg for the car compared to others similar to it.

I have a question though, are the emblems stuck on with double sided glue or bolted in?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Imbing

All I know is .. I LOVE MY CHARGER. It's a blast to drive ... you definitely can impress the "boys" when they look at you and say "does it have the HEMI?" Why of course ... womenlike the feeling of power tooya know

The winter driving is a little tricky at first but just be light footed and you'll be fine.

I want to add "hockey stick" HEMI decals to the side back quarter panels .. but can't find them here in Canada. I wanted the Daytona model but they were all pre-ordered and I didn't think I needed a video centre in the backseat !

Let us know what you buy

[IMG]local://upfiles/56100/305FD88CC5F64ECDB880293870C5F653.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: dario

Of course I'll take some pics, and I was suprised on the pricing alone, and I heard good things about the mpg for the car compared to others similar to it.

I have a question though, are the emblems stuck on with double sided glue or bolted in?
I think pretty much all the emblems are stuck on. Even the side spears are just double sided tape and a lot of guys have taken theirs off - simply heat them up with a hair dryer and start gently pulling them off. Mine are coming off soon. It seems to really smooth out the side lines, making the car look a bit longer and not as tall.

dave

Old 02-17-2007, 03:15 AM
dario

Good, that'll be the first thing I do when I bring it home. It was the first thing I did with my Cavi, and it made a really noticeable difference. I hope it'll be just as easy as it pulling the letters off and cleaning it up.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Side moldings are a very cool mod look here at this pic then look at my sig it makes a big diff.

Quick Reply: buying a charger this weekend