Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Should I "lemon law" my charger RT

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:10 AM
redheaded sparkplug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I "lemon law" my charger RT

I'm hoping to get some advice from all you MOTOR HEADS about my charger. I have had a low speed wobble in my car since it hit 1000 miles. I have taken it to the dealer over five times to get this resolved without any results. I have contacted the manager and he said that they will not replace my car. But what they do is void the payment contract and give me 24 cents per mile i have put on it. That would amount to a little over 3000 dollars. I really do not want to give up on my car and lose the thousands in payment money that I have already paid. Has anyone ever "Lemoned" a car? Here are a few other problems I have encountered

1. Static in the radio when the rear defrost is on.
2. The radio telling me I'm adjusting the volume when I am not.
3. The delay on the windshield wipers going crazy when I put on the blinker (Only sometimes)
4. Break system acting funny.

Thank You all You are so helpful on my decision making.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:14 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Should I "lemon law" my charger RT

It sounds like you have documented this issue very well and yourwithin the Lemmon Law if you wish to play that card. I’m surprised the dealer doesn’t acknowledge your rights.

You have a list of items that should be addressed. If I were you I would play hard ball with them.You have and will continue toinvest your time on these issues that they should take care of. I think your personal time is priceless, they don't and can't repay you for that.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Armageddes
Rookie

Redhead:

What state are you in? Claims of this type are statutory in nature (i.e. your state will have a law that specifically sets out the elements of a claim).

Let me know and I will send you the statute.

.SG.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 AM
charginscott
Veteran

There are some TSB on some of what you said - check the TSB erea on this forum , I know I saw one on the radio and I believe the brakes. Research the TSB print them out then take it to them and see what they say. If nothing either try another dealer or then get the law involved. I hear when the law gets involved its long and drawn out.

Scott

Old 02-20-2007, 12:02 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: charginscott

There are some TSB on some of what you said - check the TSB erea on this forum , I know I saw one on the radio and I believe the brakes. Research the TSB print them out then take it to them and see what they say. If nothing either try another dealer or then get the law involved. I hear when the law gets involved its long and drawn out.

Scott
Absolutely correct....as it can get ugly and nasty...and you are still stuck with your car and the payments in the meantime.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

Immediately take their offer. But as a condition have them sell you another car at dealer invoice. It sounds like your car has a problem/problems with the CAN Bus. My guess is you willNEVER find it. It may sound like a big loss to you, but trust me you will work out much better this way. Also please post you Vehicle VIN so that if sold to someone else the will be able to punish the dealer for selling a known lemon....

Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 AM
TorRedOrv0436
Veteran

I lemonds a S-10 back in 90. They were kissing my a** once the paper work started but it was too late by then, I was pissed.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

TorRedOrv0436, was the process an ordeal or did it go smooth, how long did it take to get finalized?

Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 PM
TorRedOrv0436
Veteran

Here in Florida it was pretty straight forward. A mediator called and asked what could be done. i had already tried to replace the vehicle and they shafted me, so he helped move the process forward. You don't have to try to get a new vehicle first, the mediator is just making sure that you gave the dealer the option to take care of the problem.

Hope that helped. I had the truck 18 months and only lost $800.00 from deprectation.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:08 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

I believe that, generally, you have to give the dealer at least 3 chances to fix the same problem before it can begin to qualify under the federal lemon law. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

dave

Quick Reply: Should I "lemon law" my charger RT