Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Got my new springs today.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new springs today.

My new suspension springs came in today from Pedders. They're an Austrailian outfit. I'll take pics - before and after. Supposed to lower it a bit. Supposed to make it handle a whole bunch better and ride better. Again, time will tell.

dave

Old 03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Got my new springs today.

Nice, if you can measure before/after from a reference point (like top of rim or middle of rim) to the fender. A square would help measureing.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:53 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Yeah, I'm going to do that. The company is pretty interested in it too. These are actually 300C springs, so we'll see how they do. They are coming out with new shocks and struts at this year's SEMA show. If these springs work well, I might consider their dampers, too.

dave

Old 03-04-2007, 07:22 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

Good luck Dave!!!!!

Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Thanks, Marty. Going to have a Ford dealership do the install and complete alignment - my son works there, so I get a good price break. Hopefully, I'll take it in tomorrow, and get it back, hopefully, Tuesday evening. I'll let everyone know. Oh, here's the measurements I took from the bottom of each wheel to the bottom of the wheel opening:

LF - 26 3/4 inches
LR - 26 3/4+ inches
RF - 26 5/8 inches
RR - 27 3/16 inches

dave

Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Wallyworld Ranger
Rookie

Scamp, PLEASE post up if there are any difficulties with the spring install. I was looking for springs to lower my AWD R/T and couldn't find any. The car rides at least a half inch tallerw/stock springs than a regular R/T and I'd like at least get to regular R/T height.I noticed Eibach makes them for the AWD 300C. I'm guessing they would be a cross fit also. How are you going to get around voiding your warranty?

Old 03-05-2007, 10:14 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

The best advice I can give you at the moment is to google Pedders. Once you find it, call Pete - he's the president of the company here in the U.S. They are made in Australia. He's very nice to talk to and very helpful. I'm actually putting springs on that are part numbered for the 300C. As far as warranty, it shouldn't void it in any way. The car is going to be completely realigned - all four corners. The caster and camber, not to mention the toe in, was off before anyway. We didn't correct the caster and camber before, but will now.

dave

Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Wallyworld Ranger
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I stopped by my dealership and inquired about changing the springs. I got the standard tried and true "dude it'll void you warranty". I asked ifI changed my tires and rims for non-factory would it void. He answered no. I responded whats the difference? Got the same answer as prior.[:@]Tried two other dodge dealerships, same standard b.s. Went to a suspension shop,said he could do it for $300 but it'll void my warranty.[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 03-06-2007, 03:49 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: Got my new springs today. - bad news

Well, I got bad news, sorta. Turns out that my driver's side strut is blown. Not bad, but it is leaking. Going to get it replaced - under warranty (haven't changed anything yet). It seems that the new springs are way to short and that there would be an unduly amount of further stress placed on the strut with these springs. Going to check with the company and see what they have to say. The frontend guy said it would drop the car 3-4 inches! Not what I want!

dave

Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: Got my new springs today. - bad news

ORIGINAL: 74scamp

Well, I got bad news, sorta. Turns out that my driver's side strut is blown. Not bad, but it is leaking. Going to get it replaced - under warranty (haven't changed anything yet). It seems that the new springs are way to short and that there would be an unduly amount of further stress placed on the strut with these springs. Going to check with the company and see what they have to say. The frontend guy said it would drop the car 3-4 inches! Not what I want!

dave
UPDATE: We're going a head with the spring install, then measure and see where we're at. My son talked to the company and said that they have not had a problem with excessive dropping before. Also, DCX will NOT warranty the strut cause it's not leaking excessively. I'm about ready to put it back together and trade for a Mustang.

dave

Quick Reply: Got my new springs today.