Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

dodge aspen help plz

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:20 AM
rockbll4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dodge aspen help plz

uhhh idk if this is the right forum... so if its not go ahead and move this thread to the proper place...

uhhm i have a 78 dodge aspen, 2 barrel carburetor, 6 cylinder. 318.

and for some reason it doesnt want to idle. everytime i let off the gas it will die on me. we thought it might be the carburetor, so My friend just rebuilt it, and when we put it back on, it was running fine for a while, but after a while it would just die everytime i let off the gas. We dont know how to fix it. does anyone have any suggestions? do u think its the idle screws? or an air leak or something?

Old 06-10-2007, 02:33 AM
chemoman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: dodge aspen help plz

Wow, I didn't know there were any of these things still around. My cousin had a new one back in high school. we did a lot of walking in those days. But then again if it weren't for that car, I might not have learned to work on cars.
First of all if it's a 6 cylinder, it's probably a 225 slant six. If it's a 318, that's a v8. No matter on your problem though. If you had the carb rebuilt and it was running fine, I'd start with fuel supply. Replace the fuel filter and make sure the fuel is fresh and clean. If that doesn't do it, a tune up wouldn't hurt. I can'r remember if dodge was still using points or electronic ignition then.

Quick Reply: dodge aspen help plz