Searching for help with identification of war truck - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > A Blast From the Past > Dodge Classics
Reload this Page >

Searching for help with identification of war truck

Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Searching for help with identification of war truck

Old 01-09-2019, 01:32 PM
airstorm
Default Searching for help with identification of war truck

Hi,
my name is Tomasz, I'm from Poland. My 91-year old Grandpa, veteran and fireman, has very old truck and he would like to make it run again - and I want to help him We need to buy some parts, I see I can buy a lot from rockauto, but I'm not sure which version of truck exactly we have. Maybe some of you are able to help?
This is what I have in papers:
1) Model: T 214 (I think its type of engine. Probably truck model is Dodge WC51)
2) Engine number: 0073
3) Chassis number (VIN?): 1704680
4) There is some number: 870066-1 (I don't know for what it stands)

Grandpa says truck was produced probably during WWII. Then it became firemen truck, where my Grandpa was commander for 35 years. At rockauto, if you take for instance 1942 year, you have "Custom, Deluxe, Kingsway, Truck", in Truck you have "3.6; 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 4.1 L", I'm confused, I would like to buy proper parts. Thank you so much!!!

Old 01-10-2019, 10:40 AM
HeyYou
Super Moderator

Hi there, and welcome to DF!

It appears your truck is a 1942 Vintage 3/4 ton G-502 Series truck. (WC51, though that designation just identifies what its job was.) It *should* have the 3.8 liter motor. Check out this page for more info, and hopefully links to more helpful sites.

It would be good to see that truck back on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Searching for help with identification of war truck

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: