Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

Dodge Truck Boost Options

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:27 PM
dabald
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How cool! You've got my orange 2000 Dak youtube video linked above. I blew the bottom end out of it during the last Power Tour and it took me a long time to get the money and time to rebuild. Just completed the rebuild, new Ross pistons, had the aluminum heads ported and added better springs. Since this video, I also went from a 60mm rear mount turbo to a 76mm. I added methanol injection with a progressive controller and removed the old Procharger intercooler. I also installed an APS Super torque twister trans. Dak's rule! I'm nearly done getting mine back on the road. See my post two or three behind this one, can anyone help me identify the plug coming from the harness on the driver side, with the blue/white and Red/black wire? Scott - Dabald@bellsouth.net

Old 06-14-2012, 11:21 AM
jimmy_d

thats pretty cool. im running nitrous. I think im gonna change it to a remote mount eventually

Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 PM
novovictus1
Professional

Originally Posted by jimmy_d
thats pretty cool. im running nitrous. I think im gonna change it to a remote mount eventually
What is your setup?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 AM
jimmy_d

Dei Ny-Trex wet kit. started with a 50, running a 100 now.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM
novovictus1
Professional

Dei Ny-Trex wet kit. started with a 50, running a 100 now.
Do you have any pictures? Can you tell me about the install and any tuning? What did it cost? How long did it take?

I am looking into real power adders, but being a manual transmission I am limited with tuning options.

I would love to do a turbo, but I dont know how I would handle fuel management. A SC would be nice but same issue here. It seems NO2 would save me money and headaches, while keeping mostly stock since its a daily driver, but I would be able to open it up at times.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:01 PM
jimmy_d

-Cost i'll have to look.400ish if i had to guess
-Installation pretty easy. Comes with directions+Diagram(pictures). Simple wiring for relay and switch. Finding a mounting spot was the only hard part.
-Few things i had to get was a simple fitting that went on the fuel rail,flared to hose barb to screw right on the pressure port. Some wire, i used all 12ga just cause. few terminal ends here and there, it came with most.
-Where i was gonna mount the bottle took some figuring and then drilling a hole for the line hurt me lol
-Tuning i run a 87 octane tune with 2 degrees timing pulled, probably should run 93 but i dont

Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
novovictus1
Professional

-Cost i'll have to look.400ish if i had to guess
-Installation pretty easy. Comes with directions+Diagram(pictures). Simple wiring for relay and switch. Finding a mounting spot was the only hard part.
-Few things i had to get was a simple fitting that went on the fuel rail,flared to hose barb to screw right on the pressure port. Some wire, i used all 12ga just cause. few terminal ends here and there, it came with most.
-Where i was gonna mount the bottle took some figuring and then drilling a hole for the line hurt me lol
-Tuning i run a 87 octane tune with 2 degrees timing pulled, probably should run 93 but i dont
Sounds relatively cheap and easy compared to boosting to create some serious power. Arn't there dangers with timing advance and nitrous?

Old 07-03-2012, 02:04 PM
jimmy_d

oooh on the wot switch i had to make a little L bracket.
- Don't have pics on this computer but ill post some when i get a chance
-Time wise... Once i figured out where i wanted everything... couple hours.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I know some people say they can't find links for the superchargers. Here is one.
http://www.grdtuned.com/Turbo-%7C-Su...x.html?page=11

Old 12-11-2012, 12:39 PM
novovictus1
Professional

Originally Posted by Crazy4x4RT
I know some people say they can't find links for the superchargers. Here is one.
http://www.grdtuned.com/Turbo-%7C-Su...x.html?page=11
3rd gen are 4.7, i only see 5.2 on that page.

Quick Reply: Dodge Truck Boost Options