Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

SRT Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 06:51 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SRT Dakota?

There is a guy in Texas who is dropping a 6.1l Hemi. There are some pics to look at. Here is the link... http://dakotatrucks.com/phorum/index.php?topic=17.0

Enjoy.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Batphreak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dakota and Durango are the same vehicle. The 5.7 fits in a Durango, it'll fit in a Dakota.

That aside, I asked an SRT engineer if they were gonna throw the 6.1 in an SRT Dakota. Said he couldn't tell me.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:16 PM
zinnmaster

ORIGINAL: Batphreak

Dakota and Durango are the same vehicle. The 5.7 fits in a Durango, it'll fit in a Dakota.

That aside, I asked an SRT engineer if they were gonna throw the 6.1 in an SRT Dakota. Said he couldn't tell me.

Do you have his number on speed dial! oh yea i randomly get the srt engineers nuber and call him up im calling bull **** on your part. also i never said the hemi wont fit in the dakota i said there wasnt one in the works.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:19 PM
zinnmaster

i said that but what i ment was you cant get one specially ordered. also i dont think the durangos are the same size engin bay as the dak. i may be worng on that but i do know an srt dak is not in the works for a couple of years.

Old 11-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Batphreak
Veteran

Call BS if you want. The Durango and Dakota are the same frame, just a different body, that ain't too tough to figger out. I happen to be an engineer at a company that is currently working with DCX on a program for SRT. But hey, it's the intardnet here, anybody can say anything they wish.

Old 11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

From what I read and was told, the two have different frames and the Daks would not be able to support the hemi. They kept them different from the Durangos for some dumb reason.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:39 PM
zinnmaster

thanks dakotastone if batphreak is apart of the srt program keep me away

Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 AM
Spear_em

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

From what I read and was told, the two have different frames and the Daks would not be able to support the hemi. They kept them different from the Durangos for some dumb reason.
Dude, you're an idiot! I saw a new Hemi-Powered Durango the other day and I was thinking about what I read in this thread, so I went to my local Dodge dealer and asked..."would a hemi fit in the Dakota"? They said "Yes; the Dakota and the Durango are basically the same; with the same engine bay and frame. The only difference is the truck and SUV thing"!

Old 11-21-2005, 03:00 PM
DakotaStone
Champion

Yeah, I don't doubt that they did. I was also told by the dealer that all Dakota Laramies have the HO in it. I found out the hard way that they don't. If that was a true statement that the dealer told you, don't you think that there would be a dakota with a Hemi in it?

BTW, name calling is not a necessary thing. Besides that, I am only stating what I read and information that I also gathered from my dealership.

Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Spear_em

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

If that was a true statement that the dealer told you, don't you think that there would be a dakota with a Hemi in it?

Not necessarily! They probably want to do a big unveiling; just like the did the new RAM this year. Come on; its gonna be the first mid-sized truck that could take on a full-size.....that'll be HUGE!!!!

Quick Reply: SRT Dakota?