Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

SRT Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:18 AM
dstech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT Dakota?

ORIGINAL: zinnmaster
....another thing that sucks is the hemi wont fit in the dakota belive me ive tried and asked to get one specially ordered but no luck....

ORIGINAL: zinnmaster
also i never said the hemi wont fit in the dakota i said there wasnt one in the works.

zinnmaster, you need to learn to read your replies before you put your foot in your own mouth!!! hahaha

Old 10-20-2006, 02:52 AM
daprato45

Yeah It would be tight if they came out with an srt dak. I mean think about it a dak with 425 horses, who's kiding who the silverado ss would be nothing on the strip, hell it would probably smoke the ram srt-10. Anywaz I have a 2000 dak sport and I would love to drop a hemi in my truck. My buddy has a 2000 F-150 with a 5.4 and I'm alittle faster, I'm running a 4.7 w/exaust and he's running exaust & Intake,but mine is a standard and his is an auto. With a hemi in my truck I could keep up with the lightning.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:47 AM
akirasoft

I think it'd actually be neat to go the other way with the Dak, more like a mini Power Wagon....

Old 10-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Twiztid
Veteran

Yeah the Hemi will fit for sure in a 2nd gen dak, I have seen one, not sure of 3rd gen though. I would bet it would.

Old 10-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Chris
Record Breaker

there is a guy on another forum who has fit the 5.7 hemi in a 2nd gen dakota. awsome.

Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM
ACRucrazy

Sooo... bringing up an old topic... but....

Anyone have links to Hemi swaps in 2nd gens? Im just starting to look, as I just picked up a 2001 Club Cabl SLT with a 4.7 and 269,500 miles on it.... you read that right...

So, a little searching and the Hemi is cheaper and more avail in my area then the 4.7.... You can see where I am going with this

With the great amount of money I saved off the purchase price, Im itching to find a Hemi
(the dealer had the truck on the lot for the last 11 months with this mileage and couldnt move it, and lost about 5 grand on it )

Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

If you listen to dealer, crap you’re insane. I know much more than any dealer about Dakotas through my own research. Dealers don't spend any time researching anything. The crap that falls from mouths is comical. They are lost! and don't care about being lost as long as you leave them a check. You will get the answer you’re looking for at that moment as long as you’re looking to buy. And NO the Gen3 Dak frame is NOT the same as the Durango. Close but no cigar. The fender wells are far narrower on the Dak Gen3s also. The Gen2 Daks and Gen1 Durango’s where identical but neither offered a Hemi and it doesn’t mater now anyway. Now I'm not saying you can't fit a Hemi in a Dak Gen3 it just won't drop in. You will need to do quite a bit of shoe horning or cut and welding etc.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was another site for Dakotas called DakotaTrucks.com. They had a guy there that was installing a 6.1 Hemi into his 05 Dak. I know they got it installed, but I don't know what happened since. The guy installing it changed the forum, for the third time since I was on it. You can ask him what the final outcome was. This was last year, so I don't know what happened. His name is Lynn, so you can ask him.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:03 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well basicallywhat i did was purchase the 206 cams from www.hrcperformance.com and had them installed in my 05 4.7 dak. now with this kit and the pcm flash i hang with stock hemis in the 1/4 mile or even on the street. it is nice to pull up to a fullsize and nod. when the big guy is laughing and the light turns green its no more of a laughing matter. i am on his door step all the way down. so as far as putting a hemi in a dak would be useless. they would detune the snot out of it. like when chevy brought back the ss 454 in the pick up 200 horsepower why. now the new 4.7 kicks out 290 horses and 320 ft lbs of trq. that should be a fun ride

Quick Reply: SRT Dakota?