Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

SRT Dakota?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:57 PM
freedom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRT Dakota?

I have always wanted a 2nd gen Dakota R/T, they are my favorite truck of all time. Although, now that the SRT division is doing cool stuff I was wondering if there is any rumor of a hemi powered dakota coming out the door? I figured you guys would know, and I did a search and didnt see any previous mention really.

Old 10-24-2005, 07:44 PM
zinnmaster
Default RE: SRT Dakota?

I dont think they will make a srt 8 dak. so far they only have the r/t version wich is a 4.7. another thing that sucks is the hemi wont fit in the dakota belive me ive tried and asked to get one specially ordered but no luck. best you can get so far is the 4.7 wich isnt so bad but the r/t is crappy. its stock suspension the real main diffrence is its an xtended cab not quad cab. the 05's with a v8 only come in quad cab so far. a v6 is the xtended cab unless specially ordered, then u can get the v8 xtended cab.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:03 PM
freedom

Well that is disappointing, I will have to start looking for a nice 2nd gen regular cab.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:41 PM
ptschett
Professional

zinnmaster: The 3.7L V6 is the standard engine on Quad Cabs too.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:31 PM
zinnmaster

your probably right but all the dodge dealerships i went to didnt have any of the 3.7 quadcabs. it seems to me that would not be a very good selling truck because its underpowerd for a larger truck.

Old 10-26-2005, 03:40 PM
ptschett
Professional

They probably ordered the V8's to have something they could sell, then

Old 10-26-2005, 04:31 PM
shiltz
Captain

I remember reading a rumor back a few months ago saying the Durango and Dakota were next for the SRT treatment once they were done with the Charger SRT-8, though that means even if it is true it's probably a good year before we would see one for sale.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:27 PM
Kane_Kowalski

I don't really think, they will drop a SRT Dakota.

I mean the 2gen R/T s where one of a kind !

But a nice try has been the "Dodge Dude" concept truck (even its a Durango Pick up, but it looks real hot !!)
............imagin a mid size truck (looks like a Dak) powered by a 5.7L Hemi [sm=gears.gif]

I would love it

Old 11-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Kensai
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: zinnmaster

I dont think they will make a srt 8 dak. so far they only have the r/t version wich is a 4.7. another thing that sucks is the hemi wont fit in the dakota belive me ive tried and asked to get one specially ordered but no luck. best you can get so far is the 4.7 wich isnt so bad but the r/t is crappy. its stock suspension the real main diffrence is its an xtended cab not quad cab. the 05's with a v8 only come in quad cab so far. a v6 is the xtended cab unless specially ordered, then u can get the v8 xtended cab.

If the hemi won't fit on the 3rd gen daks, the engine bay must have shrunked! If they can cram a 5.9 on the 2nd gen Daks, they should be able to fit a 5.7. The hemi has bigger, wider heads, but still it should fit. Dodge probably just do not make the parts to fit a hemi at this time.

I do remember from what redrider bob said that a SRT dak and/or durango is indeed in the works.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:25 PM
zinnmaster

Well i dont know where he got his info from but the only thing in the works is a 4.7 r/t dak for the third gen. www.440-magnum.com and do a search. ive looked and asked but they wont make on in the next few years.

Quick Reply: SRT Dakota?