Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

What is chysler smoking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LU229
I bet you`d be the first one to sue if your brand new dodge dart caught fire and burned up.
Why do you have such an attitude man? I understand you are frustrated but now you're being a troll.

Originally Posted by 1954Radio
Really? Then what did you mean by insinuating that he was anti chrys and reminded him that he was on a Dodge forum? Smoke another one, lol!

I only said that he seemed to be bashing chrysler a lot. I never said he couldn't speak his mind. I mean anti chrysler on a chrysler forum seems awfully trolly.

Last edited by MoparMan1991; 03-15-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 01:42 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This new dart wont ever be able to compete with any other manufactuer, chrysler cant build an engine like the japs can. It would cost to much because of american auto unions. They gotta get the big bucks, thats what drives the price right out of sight, quality will ALWAYS suffer because of unions. (unions = under worked, and overpaid) Like i said before, this dart is just another dodge neon with new sheet metal, and thats all. The neon has been the biggest joke since the "K" car. The dodge avenger is nothing but another POS too, they need to dump that garbage asap. I bet chrysler is hopeing this dodge dart is the answer to getting rid of the avenger. Joke`s on them, the dart will be no different, both are junk from the get go. One thing about chrysler, they`re consistant, consistant in building junk gas sippers. The smartest move chrysler EVER did, was to let the RAM trucks go on their own.(thankyou fiat) Once chrysler goes under, and they will, at least we can still buy trucks for a little while longer until the libtarded green tree huggers ban them from the planet. The SRT department is on its own now too. (CEO Giles see`s it coming and dosent want to loose the srt vehicles) Not hard to tell whats leaving soon, and bankruptcy wont save them either...! No more bailouts because OBOZO`s days are numbered. Bye-bye chrysler. Tommorrow coudnt be soon enough.

What can I say? This is nothing more than a rambling diatribe. What do politics and unions have to do with the viability of a specific make of vehicle in a market segment? Answer: Nothing.

Dodge manufactured a car to compete in a vehicle segment it needs to compete in to grow. It's really that simple. By the way, Dodge is doing just fine now and most US auto manufacturers are doing great. As proud Americans, we should applaud those successes.

To be truthful with you. There are plenty of places on the internet, other than a car and truck forum, that you can express your political leanings of the day. They really have nothing to do with specific car, truck or how it will sell in the marketplace. I believe you know this already.

Old 03-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bet you`d be the first one to sue if your brand new dodge dart caught fire and burned up.
Whoa there bud all I did was ask a question...

Originally Posted by 2x1972
I have no facts, so this is a question: Is Chrysler the only one who uses encrypted PCM's at this point? I was under the impression that that was the way that the entire industry was going. Not that I like it, but in today's lawsuit happy age, it only makes sense to the manufacturer.
Anybody actually have an answer?

Old 03-15-2012, 04:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

No..I know for a fact that Ford uses heavily encrypted PCMs as well. more and more companies will continue to do this because it prevents people from tuning the hell out of the vehicles only to screw something up...then they unflash the pcm and bring it in for warranty work. companies will keep making it harder to break into the PCM and they dont give two craps what the consumers think because these tuners are costing them warranty money...period.

I agree that it stinks of trolls in here.

I find it interesting that those who are talking trash on the new car are saying lots of "chrysler did this" or "chrysler did that"...and because of past issues. how does that relate to the new car? if you are going to just label everything that chrysler makes as junk, youre a troll and ill be happy to ban you now. if you hate dodge that much - you shouldnt be here.

saying "the new dart is going to suck because chrysler hasnt done this and this well in the past" is moronic. the chrysler lineup has improved substantially in the past few years and the sales numbers against the industry have proven that.

1954 is right, people are free to voice their opinion but when the majority points out that their uneducated negative opinion with no reinforcement but personal opinion is stupid - theyre going to need to listen to those opinions as well.

also, i have a 10 year old stratus coupe and it runs like it did the day that it was new. lots of people had problems with them, but those same people didnt take care of them. people that are plagued with vehicle problems should look at themselves when things go wrong because it is almost always a case of lack of maintenance or mistreatment of the vehicle.

you guys are bashing some dodge products for having past problems...do you forget about the transmission problems in the second gen rams? i own several rams and love them all but the fact of the matter is that all of the chrysler group brands have had their problems at some point but today's chrysler is as strong as it has been in my lifetime.

Old 03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

That's what I figured. Thanks for the straight answer.

To add to your stratus story, my grandfather owns an early 2000's intrepid. Everyone bashes on those cars, saying they are junk, when they didn't take care of them or treat them properly. His looks, feels, and drives like it left the showroom yesterday, because he knows how to take good care of his vehicles. People expect to completely neglect their cars, beat them to a pulp, and get 200k miles out of them. That's not the way it works. You reap what you sow.

Old 03-15-2012, 11:09 PM
1954Radio
Captain

About the encryptions yes everyone has them. But it is my understanding that they are there to detect tampering not block you from it. 2011 chevy and ford are already cracked...not sure if the ecoboost is cracked but it is tamper proof. I think they can be tuned but they will surely be detected. That's the way it should be, Im all for it...but chrys is missleading (especially) the sr8 people on resolving it...more on that later. For now, lets talk about trolling. When you saw this coming why didnt you throw a life vest instead of a bunch of bricks...seriously? Where's the love? Bet he'd have sung a different tune...just saying. It's obvious he likes mopar, he bought a new truck...so hes not happy with chrys...big deal. Fact is, chry needs lots more improvement in the costumer care and warranty department. You are all defending chry as if owners tear their trucks up and you are all wrong for that. Front ends, tierods, rearends, transmissions, all factory issues...none caused fom the costumer. And look how poorly they handled these claims and what people had to go through. Look what this guy in here with the defected lifter is going through. And all of you guys like me with the lifetime drivetrain warrantys...good luck with that if you ever need to use it!

Old 03-16-2012, 09:38 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker

My Dad's 99 Ram 1500 5.9L is sitting at a hearty 250k, and he beats the hell out of it.

Old 03-16-2012, 10:29 AM
FuzzyNeighbor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the only point i was trying to make by starting this thread was that, these configurator prices do need to go down if chrysler wants the dart to compete. The compact market is comprised mostly of first time car buyers, and a car that is 2k more than it should be will not do well.

As to those that say the configurators prices are not final. This is true however most pre-release configurator prices have been dead on in the past.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:23 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator

people should keep in mind that on the current configurator, some of the options run over each other...some of the option packages include features that will likely be standard, etc. the configurator is to build enthusiasm for the new model and show what will be on the car...but its not to show exactly what will be standard and what will not be.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM
1954Radio
Captain

Originally Posted by FuzzyNeighbor
the only point i was trying to make by starting this thread was that, these configurator prices do need to go down if chrysler wants the dart to compete.
Lol...by reminding us of what they smoke during their lunch break? No pun intended but what did you expect? That's water under the bridge now, lol. I have to admit that I helped stir the pot but I didn't mean it to turn out the way it did. Wish you'd have chimed back in a little earlier with this. Like I said, I didn't help much but I hate to see LU229 (or anyone else) have to leave over something as silly as this. However, I still don't see what the big deal was.

Last edited by 1954Radio; 03-16-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: What is chysler smoking.