Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

What is chysler smoking.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 10:17 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Good points. I have not driven any of the current competition, since I wouldn't consider buying them. I was comparing it to older manual transmission'd economy cars. Gutless comes with the territory, that is not a real complaint. What really turned me off to it was the lack of any feel whatsoever in the clutch engagement. I am old school, want my vehicles all to have 3 pedals, and want to feel I have a direct connection to what's going on with the car. I felt very disconnected from what was going on beneath the well designed interior and VERY attractive touchscreen media center. I understand that what I just described is what sells in today's market, which is why I mentioned that I am not the target market, and wished the best of sales for Chrysler corp's newest.
I know what you mean about wanting some feel and feedback from a clutch but sadly, in the world of economy cars, they do everything in their power to focus more on making them easy to drive and less about making them engaging. I think that automakers are slowly working on balancing the two but right now, it is hard to find a non-performance models that costs under 40,000 with a manual transmission that offers much connection to the driver.

Originally Posted by jglen490
All I have is an opinion, but it seems that Chrysler HAS to sell this car to a broad range of buyers. There will be plenty of Grandmas and Grandpas buying them at the low to mid range. The more of those they can sell, the better position they will be in to build and market a genuine top shelf sporting car with really good power and handling options. The "bones" are good on this car, it's also good looking, it'll do well for Chrysler and be the basis of something really good. Yeah, smoking fine cigars!!
Indeed...realistically, the most important buyers are those old folks who want something that is sensible and fuel efficient. These are the people who buy a new car every couple years and they dont care about the car being fun to drive...and that is why vehicles like the Corolla is so popular. Cheap, easy to use, fuel friendly. The Dart offers those aspects but with models like the Rallye (with the turbo motor) and the upcoming R/T, we see models for those of us who love to drive and who love their cars...but at the same time, they have to keep them reliable, efficient and somewhat sensible.

on the other hand, the Dart SRT4 should be real fast, lots of fun to drive and terribly inefficient...just like an American performance car should be.

Last edited by BadStratRT; 06-25-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:59 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by BadStratRT
on the other hand, the Dart SRT4 should be real fast, lots of fun to drive and terribly inefficient...just like an American performance car should be.
The salesguy at the dealer said there wouldn't be an SRT4. I almost rolled my eyes right in front of him...

Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Boulee
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he said that because he wants to make a sale now, not in a year when the SRT is out. its poop like that,
that really makes me despise car sales people. he either doesnt know his own brand or he does know and
then pulls that double shuffle two bit thimble rigging tin horn crap.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:03 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^^ I was in uniform, and rolled up in the passenger seat of my buddy's '04 Lexus IS300 (used to be mine) so it was easy to get a joyride without them knowing I have ZERO intention of signing up for 5+ years of debt

On another note, I figured out what I was comparing the Dart to in my head. My dad had a 2003 (?) PT Cruiser with the N/A 2.4 and a 5 speed manual. That thing had a very sporty clutch. Not soft AT ALL. I used to blow the doors off of fart canned civics and other front wheel drive ricer punks all the time. Very fun car to drive. Think of the looks one might get when their cut-springed honda with a coffee can and black steelies gets beat by a completely stock PT Loser with hubcaps. Man it was entertaining... I would way rather drive one of those than the new Dart.

AGAIN!!! I hope the dart sells very well! I will continue to buy Chrysler products regardless of the competition.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 06-28-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:20 PM
mopar1968

I would like to know where you got your info on the new Dart!! I work at a Dealership and just got back from school on this car. A/C is standard on all Chrysler car's and Dodge trucks. The Dart isn't a neon replacement it is a caliber replacement, It is a great car it is as big as the Chrysler 200 not same as a neon !! Please get your info correct !!

Old 06-30-2012, 01:10 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Caliber replaced the neon homie.

Old 06-30-2012, 11:07 AM
mopar1968

Yes and say goodbye to the caliber HOMIE !!!! It will be gone nomore not built anymore !! Now you get it ?? HOMIE !!

Old 06-30-2012, 11:38 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I had to buy a car, Would I buy a car that is sold world wide, or one thats only built and sold in North America? Hence the Dodge Dart, Chevy Cruise, and Hyundia Elantra, ect ect ect.

Until siad car company can build a product sold and built in North America that can compete in the world market place, it really dosent make sense to buy a imported car under a domostic name plate.

Oh sure, this marketing and sales B/S is a old format that did not work than and will not work now, all it is is Fiat and Alfa marketing thier products threw a establashed dealer net work that they can't establash due to cost's.

Only item thats dodge is the name plate and that abought sums it up.

Old 06-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by mopar1968
Yes and say goodbye to the caliber HOMIE !!!! It will be gone nomore not built anymore !! Now you get it ?? HOMIE !!
LOL dude calm down. Everyone here knows the Dart is replacing the caliber, However we also know that the caliber was a complete and utter failure of a car in most every aspect. The Neon was a great car, and also catered to a different market, as it was smaller, fun to drive, and got great fuel economy. Oh, also you could see out of it.... Anyway, the point I'm making here is that to anyone on the consumer side of this discussion, the Dart is replacing the Neon, and the Caliber never really existed. So go ahead and read your dealership promo material all day and tell us that:

The Dart isn't a neon replacement it is a caliber replacement, It is a great car it is as big as the Chrysler 200 not same as a neon !! Please get your info correct !!
But to those of us who are actually looking to BUY a car, it is the first compact since the Neon that Chrysler seems to have done right.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:33 PM
jglen490

I would like to know where you got your info on the new Dart!! I work at a Dealership and just got back from school on this car. A/C is standard on all Chrysler car's and Dodge trucks. The Dart isn't a neon replacement it is a caliber replacement, It is a great car it is as big as the Chrysler 200 not same as a neon !! Please get your info correct !!
Got my info from http://www.dodge.com/en/2013/dart/ where it clearly shows the A/C as an option in the "Value Group" for the SE. Also the page for the SXT (next step up) indicates that standard equipment is the same as the SE plus, among other things, air conditioning. Now it may be that Chrysler is sending the SE model to the dealerships with the "Value Package" and then letting plain jane SEs be sold on some sort of special order basis. That would be O.K. with the right price, it's still a nice little package.

Anyway, that's what Dodge says on their own page

Quick Reply: What is chysler smoking.