Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Probably no AWD on Dart SRT

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 05:16 PM
metaliox
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you guys want AWD so much than why not buy a new Charger RT AWD. It was designed for high end, Its fast, Its fun, and costs around 30 Grand. Better yet with the new Rams packing an underrated 390hp. Buy one of those base with just a hemi and 4WD. Would suprise you. All im saying is if the new Dart SRT gets AWD it will not be affordable. It will be 30 grand or more which is too much for most people. In my case I cant justify 30 grand for a summer only car. The original NSRT4 could be purchased from the dealer with a stage 3 kit pushing around 360whp, run 11s in the quarter and all that for around 25 grand. A new SRT4 with AWD could not compare to this. This was only 9 years ago not decades.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
STI's aren't hurting for sales, and they're in the 30k+ range. Dodge will remain a has-been compared to others; you KNOW the SRT4:WRX/STI:Evo comparison will come.

I'll have to drive one I guess
Horse feathers! The SRT4 was the undisputed king of compact performance and it went up against the AWD ricers then, also. I think the Dart will start to crash and burn starting its 3rd year anyway, after the fanboys get done buying them up. They are far over priced. And I will wager $100 the SRT Dart has a BASE price of $27k and any options at all will get the price over $30k fast when it is finally released.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

Cars ain't cheap any more fellas.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Mopar Palooza

This was in Reference to the LX line up.

SRT is going to try and take market share from the market leaders. The leader in this class is the STi & EVO. They are both AWD.

Look what they did with the Jeep SRT. The old one in 2010 was priced at $49k fully loaded. The new one is $65k fully loaded.

Look what happened with the new Viper. It went upscale and is going after a different buyer.

They have even dropped the "4" in what little has been released. It has been referred to as the Dart SRT.

I'm willing to bet the Dart SRT will be AWD and have a price of $30K+ to match what they have done in other segments. Going upscale and aiming for the market leader.

Last edited by Mopar Palooza; 09-26-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Mopar Palooza

Originally Posted by Boulee
although after looking at the CUSW platform liberty replacement I can see how he's right. Look at the drastic diffence in ride height between the liberty test mule and the dart

The Liberty test mule also has an ORV tag on it. Safe to say this is the Trail rated version?

Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This isn't certain. There have been rumors of a FWD version and an AWD option. Even the guys at Allpar aren't ruling out AWD and they are more in the know than we are.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 AM
boost4ever

Thank goodness! There is hope after all. I will keep my nest egg and hold out a little while longer. Once again ill go back to loosing sleep over the SRT dart

Quick Reply: Probably no AWD on Dart SRT