Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

P.S.I.

Old 09-26-2004, 07:02 PM
johnnyb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P.S.I.

Im thinking of upgrading to a T3 Garrett turbo. If it's true that im running 14psi stock, id prob wanna turn it up to about 18psi. Im also planning on opening up the exuast a little better, upgrading the intercooler and adding a blow off valve if necessary. Anyone got some good input on this, tips, or better ideas?

Old 09-26-2004, 07:53 PM
87Indy500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P.S.I.

ORIGINAL: johnnyb

Im thinking of upgrading to a T3 Garrett turbo. If it's true that im running 14psi stock, id prob wanna turn it up to about 18psi. Im also planning on opening up the exuast a little better, upgrading the intercooler and adding a blow off valve if necessary. Anyone got some good input on this, tips, or better ideas?
Yea.....get an EGT or a Air/Fuel gauge and watch them closely. Another thing to think about is that as you get closer to 20psi it may be time switch to a 3bar map sensor and maybe even a 5th injector. The stock map is only able too read "I think" 1 to 1.5 bar, but I'm not sure. You defiantly would have to do some homework before you start just crank'n da boost. Check out www.thedodgegarage.com before you do anything. All of the do's and don'ts can be found there.

I would defiantly free up the exhaust...LOT'S of power to be found there....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P.S.I.