Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

!! IT IS ALIVE !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 06:07 PM
js87z
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !! IT IS ALIVE !!

well guys i got my car runninig finally and wow what an improvement.
it runs pretty good to my suprise the new turbo boost very quick and it peaks about 15psi in 1st 12psi after that. it is running just in time to i should be able to have some fun with it before i leave over seas which is about a week so it might be awhile before i can write to you guys . Thanks for all the help you guys i don't think it would of ran with out your help

Old 10-04-2004, 05:41 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: !! IT IS ALIVE !!

Glad to hear it! Your gonna have to show us how it looks as well. I sometimes wish that I still had mine.[][&o]

Old 10-04-2004, 05:44 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 71RoadRunner

Glad to hear it! Your gonna have to show us how it looks as well. I sometimes wish that I still had mine.[][&o]
Oh give me a break, you have an SRT-4

Old 10-05-2004, 07:56 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

True, but it has to stay somewhat sane since it's my daily driver and I am making the payments for several years to come.[:@][&o] If I still had my Shelby Z I could gut it and really have fun with it now. I could make it insanely bad *** and tear up most everything on the streets. I had plans to strip it down to bare bones and build it up from scratch. It was going to get a full cage (as much as I could and still hide with tint) and either the 2.2L Turbo II built for great fun or a built 440 and RWD conversion. I love both ideas and they both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I prefered the thought of the ungodly combo of it with the 440. A super lightweight Daytona with a huge torquey 440 that is a single digit 1/4 mile car that is streetable, now that is a perfect late night killer to destroy any and all who dare. And to make it perfect for all situations I would run the 3.23 sure grip out back to keep the top end nice and high too.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:00 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

Oh, I totally understand the reasoning to get an SRT-4 over a Daytona, and I even like Daytona's much better, but an SRT will still be faster than a daytona except if you drop a grand+ into the tona and then it may not be as streetable. Thats why I'd love to drop an modded say stage 3 SRT drivetrain into a lightened 1st gen daytona. Sorry for stealing the thread

Old 10-07-2004, 03:44 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That idea would work just fine as well.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:56 PM
red shelby z
Rookie

71 Road Runner, if my car keep going in the direction its heading IT might make you a good 440 car.......LMAO........not a flaw in the body anywhere, incredible car, motor problems though! No rust-dings-or anything!

Old 10-11-2004, 10:38 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional

Sounds sweet man, get that motor running, it will be nice. Yeh, first ride in an srt-4, all kinds of goodies under the hood, I believe it was stage 3. Got up to 130 in no-time from a 35-roll.Sweet cars.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That sounds like a good starting point for the 440 powered beast. I wish I could, but between the new car payments and the insurance on it, that is one of the reasons I had to let my '88 Shelby Z go as well as the big dreams for it with the 440.[][&o]

At best it could only be Stage 2 w/toys, Stage 3 is not available yet. The SRT-4 stock is good for every bit of the 160 MPH speedometer, sometimes even a little more.

Old 10-12-2004, 09:24 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional

Probably stage 2 then, Hes got tons of stuff done to this, the only thing is, no mufflers or cats, kinda bubbles and sounds alot like an airplane.Thos ethings are rocket ships. whats the deal for the 06' models?

Quick Reply: !! IT IS ALIVE !!