Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 03:12 PM
wallygator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Windows

I have a 1988 Daytona with power windows. On the drivers side window, the plastic gear strip that raises and lowers the window is broken. Does anyone know what Chryslers use this same plastic strip ? I looked at a few cars I thought would work ( 89 Lebaron ) but it didn't use this plastic strip. If someone can give me an interchangability for this part I would really appreiate it. Thanks

Old 11-02-2004, 04:30 PM
casper
Legend
Default RE: Power Windows

Try a local junk yard, I know if I call for a part they usually know what is interchangeable.

Old 01-02-2005, 10:34 AM
red shelby z
Rookie
Default RE: Power Windows

Old topic I realize, but Auto Zone has then for like $14.00. Be sure to put some grease in the rail and the post, mine broke a few weeks back as well and I used some grease on it that was used in food service equipment, worked great. If you have power windows, push the plastic regulator tape all the way down until it hits the gear on the motor. Then holding the reg. tape make sure it is linned up with the rail and have someone to dump the switch real lightly and it will pull the reg. tape right on thru. I broke the first one I picked up trying to do it by myself.

Quick Reply: Power Windows