Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

2.2 TII electronics Q's

Old 01-29-2005, 07:14 AM
4sec0260
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.2 TII electronics Q's

Hey all, can anyone tell me anything about the computers (stock/or aftermarket), and their adjustability for these engines? I'm looking to do a swap dropping this plant into my 1,900lb. toy. I want to try and keep the wiring to and extreme minimum! But I will be using a hybrid DOHC being custom built for me. I'm sure I could use the stock set up, but I'm just not sure how to get it adjusted, or where, or if I should even bother, as there could be a engine management system avail.? I have a Haltech running the engine in the toy now but I want to upgrade as it has seen it's fair share of work. The ignition I will be using is an MSD 6A with separate RPM cut off. Thanks in advance! Jim

Old 01-29-2005, 08:58 PM
fireyice01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2.2 TII electronics Q's

I know that with mitsubishi's they use things like a MAFT to translate the airflow when they change from stock MAS to a 3" chevy MAF (different names for the same thing, they just send different signals that need to be translated), and put larger injectors to accomidate... but I'm leaning towards your best bet being AEM... their Engine Management systems are all supposed to be plug and play (basically they set it up so the harnesses all plug in to your stock sensors and whatnot) and it's infinately more tunable than anything you can do with the stock computer

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2.2 TII electronics Q's