Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

serpentine belt tension adjust 1992 2.5L

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 10:00 AM
bralex
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default serpentine belt tension adjust 1992 2.5L

Trying to help out a friend - she drives a 92 Daytona with the stock 2.5L engine. She gets a lot of sqealing since having her alternator replaced a few months ago. Her serpentine belt is a bit loose and I want to adjust the tension for her - I want to make sure I'm looking at the right place to do that. There's what appears to be an adjusting screw below and to the right of the alternator (facing the car from the front). My guess is that I should loosen the alternator bolt and adjust this screw to tighten / loosen the serpentine belt. I'm also going to check the pulley alignment. Am I on the right track?

Thanks for your help,
Scott
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-09-2007, 04:25 PM
damageincracing
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: serpentine belt tension adjust 1992 2.5L

Yeah- that's how you adjust 'em. Loosen the alternator bolts and tighten the adjuster, then tighten the alternator bolts back up. F.Y.I.- there is a belt that runs the alternator and water pump, and a belt that runs power steering. And if she's got A/C, there is a belt that runs that as well- check all these v-belts for adjustment, too.

Quick Reply: serpentine belt tension adjust 1992 2.5L