Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

need help finding parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:43 PM
tank21107
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help finding parts

pulled the head of my 1992 daytona iroc turbo it has 5 small cracks need to know a cheap way to fix it im in the army i don't make a whole lot so any help would be great thanks in advance

Old 02-24-2008, 01:18 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: need help finding parts

Sorry, your screwed. That head was a one time build by Lotus for Dodge and they are no longer made. I have heard about some place making new ones, but I don't recall who it was right now or if they actually do. The R/T's are known for this problem making things worse especially if you need one, I believe it was a fastener issue with it being an aluminium head. I don't see any cheap fixes since any good heads that may be floating around are fairly sought after and that sends prices up. Maybe someone else on here might know who makes them or has them.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
the palmetto

Sorry bud, looks like you need a new engine...if you go to fwdperformance.com, they have t-3 engines for $1,600 and a core of $450. All you need for the core is a good block, crank, and rods which is good news for you since the only thing (that we know of) that's bad is the head. Also if I were you I would call them and see if they have any t-3 DOHC heads available. That's really your best bet. Unfortunately, you won't dig yourself out of this hole without taking a huge hit to the funds. I would get a bucket until you have enough saved up for what you need, or you can always sell a rolling chassis, or part out. Purely up to you though.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 AM
tank21107

yeah thats not kool but i have heard that the head can be used off other cars

Old 03-08-2008, 12:33 PM
tank21107

found a bran new head for 295 online thanks for the info

Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 AM
bansheenut420
Professional

Contact LoneWolfperformance.com. You are not screwed. People fix these heads all the time. ALL the time. There is not one problem that cannot be solved on these cars. Go to the turbo 3 section over at turbododge.com You will find all the parts, help and R/T onwers than you will need. fwdperformance could also put you in touch with lonewolf. It was the core plugs being screwed in to tight that caused the cracking. I have an original head off my pvp pilot car (one of the first 5 made) that has the original core plugs in the head. But because they were not to tight, the head never cracked. I pulled it off the car at 90,000 miles and it was fine.
Dunn did recast the heads, but they are almost just as bad. Get your head welded and you will be good. And then head over to www.turbododge.com and scroll down to the turbo 3 section if you need anything else.

Please dont part out that awesome car, the head is not screwed. Its more than likely fixable. Wallce at www.lonewolfperformance.com is who you need to talk to for the head. And Cindy over at www.fwdperformance.com for your Ti retainers and aluminum core plugs.
Keep us updated!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:40 PM
tank21107

yeah im not just need help now the vac lines and it won't start for some reason

Quick Reply: need help finding parts