Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

my daytona needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 04:21 PM
amanda
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my daytona needs help!

anyone a daytona expert? I could really use some help to figure out whats wrong with the car...

Old 02-01-2005, 04:32 PM
amanda
Default RE: my daytona needs help!

With it pushing 240,000 miles, it has incredibly low oil pressure, idles funny, squeals terribly, power steering is going out, just wondered if anyone knows about these cars, only had it for a couple months, owned Fords before, first Dodge. Anyone help me?

Old 02-02-2005, 01:21 AM
fireyice01

My first suggestion - tuneup... new belts should solve the squaling, change the oil and filter, new spark plugs, wires, check the timing (depending on the year, you might have to disconnect your temp sending unit to do timing) check your p/s fluid levels, and is there any leaks? Leaks could cause many of the stated problems. Once you've gotten past that, then diagnosis might be easier. As of right now, it just sounds like a car that's been ran hard and put away wet, so to speak.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:45 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds to me like your typical high mileage older car. A bunch of routine maintainence should solve your problems, like listed above ^.

Old 02-02-2005, 10:54 PM
87Indy500
Veteran

With 240,000 miles on it, if it puked its guts all over road tomorrow, I'd say you got your moneys worth out of it. May be you should contact Toyota just to show off you mileage or Energizer...keeps on going...and going.....

Old 02-03-2005, 03:30 PM
amanda

yeah I cant complain to much, I mean, I only paid 50 bucks for it, you know its not to pretty, rusty and 2 different colors, but yeah shes a runner, but I think if I got in it and floored it, it would be dead. I think it may be my sending unit too, because I just changed the oil in it, and its still low. I scanned for codes, and its throwin some, but I dont know what they mean, does anyone know where i can find what they mean??

Old 02-03-2005, 07:53 PM
casper
Legend

Your lucky its still runnin, best suggestion would be to do the tune-up. After that a new motor and trans.

Old 02-04-2005, 08:48 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could have posted the codes on here, but here is a link to the list of trouble codes for you: http://www.troublecodes.net/chrysler/85-95_22-25.shtml

Old 03-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Turbobearcat
Professional

ORIGINAL: amanda

yeah I cant complain to much, I mean, I only paid 50 bucks for it, you know its not to pretty, rusty and 2 different colors, but yeah shes a runner, but I think if I got in it and floored it, it would be dead. I think it may be my sending unit too, because I just changed the oil in it, and its still low. I scanned for codes, and its throwin some, but I dont know what they mean, does anyone know where i can find what they mean??
Amanda

tell me what year car and what codes you have andI will tell you what's wrong with it..

Bearcat

Old 03-30-2005, 04:46 AM
casper
Legend

holly old thread. she probally won't be back, she hasn't logged in since 3 days after she signed up.

Quick Reply: my daytona needs help!