Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

cold air intake for 93 dodge daytona es

Old 02-09-2005, 02:03 AM
Nick87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cold air intake for 93 dodge daytona es

I have a 93 daytona es. It has the 3.0 ltr. V6 engine. From what my friend tells me this is the Mitsubishi engine. Does that mean I could get a cold air intake that fits the 3.0 ltr. V6 mitsubishi engine and put it in my daytona???? Thanks, Nick

Old 02-09-2005, 05:03 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: cold air intake for 93 dodge daytona es

Yes and no. Yes it is a Mitsubishi engine, but a CAI for a Mistubishi with the same exact 3.0L V6 most likely will not fit. Since everything except the engine is completely different, there is little to no chance that a CAI for a Mitsubishi will fit your Daytona. It will bolt up to the throttle body just fine, but the routing of the intake tube(s) will not be able to go through the same path.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:03 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

71RR is correct - the TB is on the opposite side of the engine. See a Stealth/3000GT which shares the block (and maybe a few other incidentals, im no V6 expert) has the trans on the pass side. I've seen a cone filter just mounted up or search for an import ricer intake that will work. For example, the turbo 4cyl guys found out that a new Civic CAI works. Thing with turbos, its been dyno tested that intake air temp before the turbo and intercooler doesnt matter much when tested on a dyno.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:50 PM
casper
Legend

There are quite a few "universal" CAI's on ebay, look at how much space you have and you can pick one up for like $20.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cold air intake for 93 dodge daytona es