Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Turbo upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
damageincracing
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo upgrades

OK- this ones for the turbo guys. I just picked up a 1990 2.5L Turbo engine and wiring harness (out of an automatic caravan of all things...) and want to rebuild it to put in my 85 Daytona/Laser 5 speed. I'm wondering what mods I should put on this sucker after the block build. It has the mitsubishi TE04H turbo that was already rebuilt (and will be getting a once over to make sure it's good), and I will be putting an intercooler on it. A cold air intake is also in the plans. What I'm wondering about is a manual boost controller and a blow-off or by-pass valve (since I HATE that PHSSHH every time the ricers shift...). Any suggestions? And yes, I know there is gonna be a LOT of wire grafting on this thing. Anybody got a spare SMEC they would be willing to part with?

Old 02-17-2009, 09:47 PM
damageincracing
Professional

Started tearing down the engine and found the exhaust manifold too cracked to repair, anybody got one of these laying around that they'd be willing to part with? The turbo looks good, and compression seems fine when turning the engine over by hand, still going to run a compression test on it and see what it shows. So far everything's looking good, except for the exhaust manifold that is...

Old 02-21-2009, 10:40 PM
MNmopar
Default re

Hey,

If you haven't gone there already, check out turbododge.com and/or turbomopar.com, someone there can set you up with what you need.

Quick Reply: Turbo upgrades