Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

1995 dodge dakota engine problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 AM
mark1995
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 dodge dakota engine problems

I have a 1995 dodge dakota 4x4 V6 extended cab with 210,000 miles. I recently had an intake gasket put on by a mechanic because it was backfiring and cutting out bad. It would run good when it was cold outside. After the mechanic replaced the gasket, the truck started up an ran for an hour with no problems. I went to pick it up and it died and would not start up. The mechanic picked me up and later went to get the truck and it started to drive up on his trailer. He took it to his shop and could not figure out what was wrong with it. The truck would idle up and down and then die. Sometimes starting up right away and other times not till the next day. He change the crank sensor, cam sensor, battery, ASD relay , checked to make sure that it had enough fuel pressure and it did, then he put a new computer in it and it would not start. He took it out and put the used one back in and cranked several times and finlly got it to start and pull computer back off and put new one back on and still idled up and down and died. So he put the old computer back on and now it will not start. There is no spark at the coil or distibuter and only .05 volts going to the coil. I read about a lot of 1995 dodges having this problem and even the Dealer could not get them running. I also read about a failure of the battery feed wire to the fuel pump and the ASD relay. How would you jump across this to find out if that is the problem or any other ideas!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: 1995 dodge dakota engine problems