Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

IROC Daytonas, and IROC R/T Daytonas

Old 12-05-2009, 02:52 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile IROC Daytonas, and IROC R/T Daytonas

I am seeking to get my hands on 4 1992 TO 1993 IROC Dodge Daytonas with the Mitsubishi GTO 3.0 engine with 5 speed manual transmissions, and the Torque Turbos, but not requird as the turbos can still be had through Holley. 3 should be in good condition, and 1 for a parts car as long as the parts come with the car.

I am also seeking 4 1992 to 1993 IROC R/T Daytonas with the twin turbo 2.2 engine with 5 speed manual transmission, and the twin turbos, developed by Lotus for the car. Also 3 of the cars should be in good condition, and 1 car for a parts car, as long as the parts are with the car. As parts for the cars are very scarce, and discontinued by Mopar and aftermarket makers.

Of course if you happen to have the Intercepter version of this car with the 2.2 engine with the twin T-25 Turbos By Garrett, and the 16 valve Cosworth Heads in the transmount mid-engine over 400 hp car, that your looking to get rid of. You can pester me with an asking price, too. However, doubtful, as on ly about 5 were made: 1 an Indy Pace CAR, and the rest for the Motion Picture "The Wraith", but some have been found around old movie sets, as most were left for destroyed during the making of the movie.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
92dak5.24x4
Veteran

Hmm I never saw or heard of a twin turbo 2.2 . only a dohc turbo 2.2 ( I had this engine in my IROC Z) and the same engine in my 1991 Spirit R/T and in my Mazaratti lebaron. I have a really rare 2.2 MP engine in my shop that has billet crank, 44mm weber side drafts, dry sump. it's all motor and makes 325hp @ 6800Good luck finding a 1 of 5 car. I'm 100% sure this isn't the forum that would know where they are. I wonder if you found someone from Chrysler Hdq. that could look up the VIN's for these cars then do a nation wide search for their location

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Smile VINs

I'll have to check, but truthfully Chrysler HQ is very business Nickel grubbing with Fiat (owned by Maserati) these days. They change administration like people change underware, since the gas crunch of the 70s, but I'll ask around.

Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Arrow Turbos

Ya, I misread, or more accurate read to fast! The only way I've heard to find one of the Intercepters is to rummage through the old movie sets, where they were all, except for the Indy 500 Pace Car, and a couple others that made it through movie production left for dead, where one was recently found, and is being restored.

So much for the 92-93 R/T being the most powerful 4 cylinder, as all of those ran off the same Chrysler Production Line, I believe in 1990, but definately prior to 92-93, as it also had the old style Daytona front end body lines.

Last edited by VERNONDODGE; 12-11-2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 12-11-2009, 10:03 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Post MP

Tell me a little more about the 2.2 MP, any photos? Any places I can see footage of it in action? How about Maserati produscts?

Last edited by VERNONDODGE; 12-11-2009 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Grammer
Old 12-12-2009, 07:28 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Thumbs up M4S Production

That is if you consider over 30 cars, not production, I do realize that mass production has become a custom in a conspicuous consumer society. So must correct my statement of only about 5 cars made. Some say there are only 4 left. With discoveries of those left for dead that entire fact will stand corrected as well. moviemopars.tvheaven.com/wraith/car.html -

Old 12-12-2009, 07:34 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Exclamation The powerful 4

Originally Posted by VERNONDODGE
That is if you consider over 30 cars, not production, I do realize that mass production has become a custom in a conspicuous consumer society. So must correct my statement of only about 5 cars made. Some say there are only 4 left. With discoveries of those left for dead that entire fact will stand corrected as well. moviemopars.tvheaven.com/wraith/car.html -
And not pushed to the bottom of the search, or efforded to be earased entirely, for hopes and dreams, or poorly made lemonade flavored with snake oil.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are you carrying on a conversation with yourself?

are you saying that there were 30 ppg interceptors built?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:58 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur
Originally Posted by BadStratRT
are you carrying on a conversation with yourself?

are you saying that there were 30 ppg interceptors built?
There were over 30 Intercepters buit that all rolled off the same "Chrysler Production Line" just for the movie that I read on an early Intenet post some years ago, I am still trying to locate that original site posting to go with the Movie site posting, and the site where people can read what people in the actual production of the movie say.

Over 30 for the movie, then the money spent by PPG, in that site I'm still looking for they went as far to offer an original list price of $1,000,000, probably special order from the factory delivered through dealership like the 540 racing HEMIs.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
VERNONDODGE
Amateur

Originally Posted by VERNONDODGE
There were over 30 Intercepters buit that all rolled off the same "Chrysler Production Line" just for the movie that I read on an early Intenet post some years ago, I am still trying to locate that original site posting to go with the Movie site posting, and the site where people can read what people in the actual production of the movie say.

Over 30 for the movie, then the money spent by PPG, in that site I'm still looking for they went as far to offer an original list price of $1,000,000, probably special order from the factory delivered through dealership like the 540 racing HEMIs.

I sincerely, don't mean to sound rude or obtooth, but I will gladly continue the conversation in the discussion forum, or in PM, this post is to buy, as well as the other thread in WTB.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IROC Daytonas, and IROC R/T Daytonas