Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

my honey's 1993 dodge shadow!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 01:35 AM
brianradomski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my honey's 1993 dodge shadow!

And what an irony I JUST emailed the administrators that I could not find this "start a new thread" link! I just kept clicking here and there and here I am!
O.K. problem is that wow what an oil leak the 2.5 engine has as of saturday I finally determined that the leak HAS to be from the valve cover gasket although I though by the looks of it the gasket was new!
Saturday I again placed my sockets on the valve cover bolts and they were again SO loose and a small chunk of gasket broke off.........a new gasket wont do that! I plan thus then to install a new valve cover gasket soon as I can!
I am worried about the passenger side of the engine though where the timing belt is. The valve cover gasket meets apparantly with the timing belt cover. There are only two bolts at the timing belt cover. They must be simultaneously holding that timing belt cover and the valve cover down???
Once all the bolts are removed all the covers should lift right off???
The engine has 155,000 miles on it removing that timing belt cover I bet I will find out how worn the belt is????
Does the passenger side motor mount have to be removed to remove the old timing belt/install the new one???? the timing belt seems like its a HUGE job?!
I hope I am not breaking the forums rules by requesting a direct reply to:
brbrianradomski493@gmail.com THANK YOU FORUM!!!

Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
brianradomski
Default honey's 19913 shadow

Am I to understand that every reply to my post is about some other car and its problem???????

Old 06-01-2010, 12:12 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I would ask the guys in the section that pertains to your vehicle or I can move this thread to it if you tell me what a 'shadow' is comparable (Daytone? Avenger? ),
FF

Old 06-02-2010, 08:08 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Moved to Dodge Daytona section,
FF

Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
brianradomski
Default my honey's 93 dodge shadow

well I got the valve cover changed after all anyway so I did get into the timing belt cover and gave the timing belt a look: dam 153,000 miles on that engine. the timing belt cant be the original but gosh when did who ever it was install it that timing belt looks good! I guess ignition modules never w ear in the shadow. my neighbor buddy here had an older shadow at 210,000 miles he said he never changed a module! Just a s well they cost couple hundred doallars, dont have that! WHERE is the module in the 93 shadow please????

Quick Reply: my honey's 1993 dodge shadow!