Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

limp-home mode

Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 PM
netkenbar1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default limp-home mode

Can anyone tell me procedure for getting my 1990 Daytona (3.0L) out of limp-home mode? I read in Hayne's manual (which I no longer have) that there is a procedure for resetting trans./computer and taking it out of limp-home mode. Please help. K

Old 02-14-2011, 06:20 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by netkenbar1
Can anyone tell me procedure for getting my 1990 Daytona (3.0L) out of limp-home mode? I read in Hayne's manual (which I no longer have) that there is a procedure for resetting trans./computer and taking it out of limp-home mode. Please help. K
Just shutting off your car and restarting will take it out of limp mode unless there's a problem instantly identified by the TCM. The only practical way to diagnose the cause is to connect a scanner to the blue diagnostic connector near the fuse block under the dash.

Old 02-16-2011, 09:29 AM
netkenbar1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks so much, 22DODGE22. I have restarted the car, and it does shift as it should, but only for a fe miles, and then...back into limp-mode. I ill try and locate a tester, as you suggested. Thank you, netkenbar1 (Ken).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: limp-home mode