Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Newbie needs some wiring help please!!!!

Old 04-08-2011, 01:46 AM
bowtieguy86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie needs some wiring help please!!!!

Whats up guys and gals. Just bought an 89 Daytona. She's been beat and needs some love and hoping you guys can help me out with her. Shes got that good ol' 2.5 with only 130k. Interior is a gem but the body caught the wrath of Iowa winters.

I've been working on cars for a few years now (I also have a 90 trans am and an 86 Camaro). But I don't know jack about wiring.

I think the problems i'm having might be in the headlight switch but I'm not sure. First off the interior panel lights are either on all the time (regardless of whether the headlights are on) or they're off (even if the headlights are on). 99% of the time they are on though.

Second problem is kind of hard to explain. It affects the driver side front parking and side marker lights. If I turn on the parking or headlights they don't illuminate. But if I turn the left turn signal on they work just fine. I replaced both the bulbs and still the same.

Third the headlight motors are kinda iffy (i've only had the car for three days). When I bought the car I was told they were stuck up. Drove to a gas station, turned the lights on and off and they work just fine. Next day go to turn them on and they stay down. Raised them manually and then they proceeded to work fine ever since. Not really sure whats goin on there.

I would greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Alex

Old 10-09-2011, 01:40 PM
juconkey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the headlights you need to run a new ground closer to the light plug. We spliced about an inch from the headlight plug and ran the ground to a gound bolt right by the coil. So now the headlights, front parking light and side markers are working right. But as for the interior lights we havent figured that out yet. We just pulled the lights out for now but we will keep you updated if we find anything out. And if you find anything out hit me up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbie needs some wiring help please!!!!