Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Really need help with the daytona.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 AM
less than or equal too
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Really need help with the daytona.

okay so i have a 1989 dodge daytona 4cyl 2.5liter engine. i have replaced almost all of the sensors in my two years of owning the car. today i was looking at my car and i noticed there was a hole in the vaccum line leading to the map sensor, so i thought it would be a good idea to fix it...nope, as soon as i fixed the line, i started my car up it revved really high for a couple of seconds then dipped down really low, almost stalled, revved back up for a couple seconds then dipped down again, it did this for a few times unit it just stalled out, i disconnected the line to the map sensor, the car runs okay, and i stress this because even though it runs, the car reaks of gas, still has a pretty messy idle, and tries to stall, half the time. Right before i posted this i hooked the vaccum line that goes from the throttle body to the map sensor to this piece that makes a Y shape. i have the vaccum come into it, then on one side i have the line go to the map sensor and the other side go out to just air. i started it up one more time, it told me my throttle position sensor was bad, so i went out, and bought one, replaced it, and reset the battery, now its telling me the throttle body is still bad and the speed control vacuum is open or shorted. Before i end this i would also like to add that the map sensor was just replace about a month ago, with the o2 sensor, and the egr valve. Please for the love of god help me with this.

Old 05-12-2011, 03:41 AM
88shelbyzttop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while running remove vacuum hose leading to brake booster (smaller hose) the idle will go high then drop down. put hose back on after idle drops

Quick Reply: Really need help with the daytona.