Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Dodge Daytona Info Needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 06:32 PM
jeffseccombe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Daytona Info Needed

ok so im workin on restoring my dads 84 daytona. i need new interior such as headliner and floor pieces. i was hoping to replace the carpet on the floor with plastic if possible. i was hioing someone out there could refer me to a company that makes replacment parts for the daytona or custom parts. all information is appreciated so if you have any information about somewhere to get replacment parts please let me know

Old 07-06-2011, 02:34 AM
Shibby927
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately it is very difficult to find parts for the Daytona especially the early 80's models. The best advice I can give you is to scavenge the F/S section at the Turbo Dodge Forums. They usually have some parts for sale. Other than that you will likely have to scavenge junk yards for a good portion of the parts especially for trim, and interior plastic pieces. Daytonas are infamous for the odometer gear teeth breaking as well which means either you have to buy the replacement gear and fix it by hand (difficult) or find a working gauge cluster.

I think some of the more common parts like oil filters, fuel filters, pumps, etc... you can get from your local auto parts stores. If you really have your heart set on making it a nice car you might check your local classifieds and craigslist to see if you can find yourself a suitable and cheap parts car.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:28 AM
jeffseccombe

im replacing just about every body pannel on the car with parts from an 84 turbo z we found at pick n pull in perfect condition. i also managed to get a perfect dash off of it. im looking for a place to find some rear bumper brackets aswell. the ones i have on there are trashed from my dad getting rear ended. well like i said before ANY information on a place that might have parts would be very hepful. and thanks i will be posting on a few other forums. i have exactly a year before i can drive it so i think in the time ill manage to find the parts i need but any help doing so would be appriciated

Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
22mopar22
Banned

headliner material is nothing special and readily available in bulk. it's very easy to install properly. you can even get the special adhesive at WalMart. I'm junking 1/2 dozen daytonas, if you were near by you could help yourself to any parts cheap.

Quick Reply: Dodge Daytona Info Needed