Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Problem with Idle

Old 07-18-2011, 04:28 PM
jonk198
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Idle

I currently own a 89 Dodge daytona shelby Z, it has a weird idling problem where it constantly idles at 2k rpms, it goes down to 1.5k rpms after accelerating, but jumps back up to a constant 2k a few seconds later. ideas??

Old 07-22-2011, 05:40 PM
TJ239

I have a 1990 and has the same issue and still can not figure out why it does it

Old 07-30-2011, 02:11 PM
sputnik

i had the same problem with my 91 daytona where it idled at 2k sometimes after a few revs it would go down-the throttle spring was sticking so i lube it up every once in a while. on an 89 daytona i had i bought it with it idling at 2k sometimes it would go back down to 1k sometimes not-i had to take out the idle air control valve and clean it all up sensor and the hole it went in. it could also be the throttle position sensor going out that could be causing the problem. when sensors are going out they dont always set off the engine light. thats some of the easy and cheap things hope its some help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problem with Idle