Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

first daytona

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Cameron Heckel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile first daytona

Hi. ive got few question so here they are. thinking about buying my first dodge daytona. it is a 1990 dodge daytona es with a 2.5 turbo. like to know what common issues are with this motor. what size the stock turbo is. what kind of aftermarket does this car have. next question is when i ran the vin number it came up has a shebly... i dont understand since the guy is saying its a ES.

Old 10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Cameron Heckel

ok i figure out alot of this by reasearching. but id still like to know what size the stock turbo is? how much psi does it push stock? how much can it handle with stock internal. since i have a few of t3/t4 greedy turbos and a T28. how hard is running a internalcooler for this car.still would like to know common issue with the misu 2.5 turbo motor

Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

T1 motors will need a whole different turbo and intake manifold for it to run an intercooler verses the blow through style. No intetrcooler you could run around 10psi or so. With IC about 14psi is where the stock computer can fuel the motor to. Stock internals are good up to about 250-300whp. Pistons are cast, rods are forged. Turbo could prolly push about 20-30psi area. I use the similar garrett on my DOHC and it spikes 30psi and holds 18 at red line. I dont care much for the 2.5's or the T1's. I stick with the R/T dohc dyatons or the T2 with the intercooler factory. Either way the SOHC motors come with cast pistons so that will limit them. The R/T dohcs are all forged and can run 500whp with just ARP head studs and of course turbo/fuel setup.

Quick Reply: first daytona