Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:32 PM
xraymankb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Got a couple of problems need some help on.
First, it is a brake problem. seems thsat sometimes when stopped, brrake pedal goes all the way to the floor, I can pump it and stops. when doing this, car starts moving like releasing the brake. but it is still on the floor. I have been told maybe a vacuum issue, brake booster. i have bled the brakes and inspected, doesn't seem to be leaking fluid. also cruise doen't work

Now the second, has to do with a/c. seems that when come to a stop, when a/c is on, car drops rpms and shakes alittle. is there a switch that kicks rpm's up when idleing, other wise, it runs fine and is cold.

thanks

Old 07-28-2004, 12:18 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Need some help

From the sounds of it you definately have a vacuum problem. All of your listed problems are vacuum operated, I believe even the A/C idle problem is as well. You should be able to easily track down your vacuum leak with a can of starting fluid. Just start spraying your vacuum lines while the car is running and when it revs up, that's when you've found your vacuum leak. Just make sure you avoid getting any in the intake/air box or it will cause it to rev up making you think that you may have hit the right spot.[sm=smiley2.gif]