Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Transmission. any help?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:15 PM
mindlessly_me
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission. any help?

hi. I own a 1989 dodge daytona. 2.5 manual. recently the trans blew apart and left a 15 foot skid mark a few blocks from my house. i'm currently looking into a new trans and cant seem to find any places to rebuild it or get a remanufactred with more durable parts. i checked fwd performance but they seem pretty dead.

my other question was if anyone had any expeirience of interchaning an A520 transaxle with a A555. i have located a A555 and am wondering if it will bolt up corectly. i also have a A525 i belive it to be form an 88 2.2 turbo lebaron. however i'm sure it wont bolt up for it uses a small shock absorber as a mount. any imformation would be a great help. thanks.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:51 PM
mopar or nocar
Default RE: Transmission. any help?

the a525 and the a555 should bolt rite up, as for the anti rotational strut/damper youre car should have 1 my 88 2.5N/A had 1 and my 89 shelby had 1.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
mindlessly_me

ok good. i know the a525 looks much diffrent then my current a520 becasue it was from a 2.2 turbo plus its a diff model. if i can adapt it to fit i will. but i think i may go with the a555 casue i heard they are built better. however i was told form some local shops that the axles are diffrent lengths on the a555 then my a520. if thats the case would i be able to swap over my axles to the a555? thanks

Old 12-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mindlessly_me

hi. I own a 1989 dodge daytona. 2.5 manual. recently the trans blew apart and left a 15 foot skid mark a few blocks from my house. i'm currently looking into a new trans and cant seem to find any places to rebuild it or get a remanufactred with more durable parts. i checked fwd performance but they seem pretty dead.
You should register at turbododge.com.as they seem to have a decent amopunt of members with spare parts. I recently junked an 88 A520 that you could have used. Your local yard may have some cars with the trans you need. This is sometimes cheaper than paying for the shipping of another trans.

ORIGINAL:mindlessly_me
my other question was if anyone had any expeirience of interchaning an A520 transaxle with a A555. i have located a A555 and am wondering if it will bolt up corectly. i also have a A525 i belive it to be form an 88 2.2 turbo lebaron. however i'm sure it wont bolt up for it uses a small shock absorber as a mount. any imformation would be a great help. thanks.
Yes. An A520 will interchange with an A555 with no modifications needed. An A525 does not use shifter cables as the A520 & A555 do, so that would require more work.

Have a look around www.thedodgegarage.comas it has some helpful info there.

Old 12-25-2006, 02:03 AM
mindlessly_me

ahh much help. yea i found a a520 from a salvage yard out of a lebaron 2.2 turbo. so i'm thinkiing of ataining that and bolting it up. with that i will have no doubts it will fit becasue its sposed to be there. as for the a525 i miay try to modify it to mount corectly and shift right and save myself some money. thankyou for all the info. much help

Quick Reply: Transmission. any help?