Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Problems making mp3 disc

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:15 PM
89 dakota
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems making mp3 disc

So far I've downloaded all my music to itunes now I'm trying to make it into an mp3 disc using an oem version of nero. My problem is that for some reason I can't seem to get /find the files and load them onto Nero. I've titled the playlists differently and exported them to my music. It gives me the option of text or xml I've tried both and when I import them to nero it doesn't show that there is any content to be burned.

What am I doing wrong?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Default RE: Problems making mp3 disc

Best I can do, I dont use iTunes except to put crap on my girls iPod....

iTunes: Music purchased from the iTunes Store cant be burned to Mp3 format CD
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93071

Creating Mp3 discs with iTunes
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...0/en/611x.html

Old 08-02-2007, 06:37 PM
RP Racing940
Record Breaker

iTunes are 'locked' (not saying that cant be cracked though). But burning a mp3 disc for a player you have to burn it as a data cd. I tried 3 discs as music cd burns and none worked until I burned it as a data cd.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

indeed.. making a datacd is the easiest way to get mp3s to play properly.- basically just dump the mp3s into the folder you want, and you've got a disc.

Itunes.. i cant believe people use that.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:55 AM
89 dakota
Professional

OK so I figured out how to make an mp3 disc on itunes but now it says most of the music i have on there is not mp3 format, what can I do? I usually don't use itunes for this but I can't see any other way!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 89 dakota

OK so I figured out how to make an mp3 disc on itunes but now it says most of the music i have on there is not mp3 format, what can I do? I usually don't use itunes for this but I can't see any other way!
For nero you can just go to your music files in my computer then drag the ones you want into the window. If you're trying to open the playlists from iTunes in nero you probably need to convert them somehow. I know I've tried to export itunes playlists to use in winamp before and I had to use a program to convert them to the right format (forget what it's called)

Sinister, why is it hard to believe people use it? I use iTunes for my music (mainly because I have a nano) and it's not a bad program. It lays things out nicely and I find the library faster to use than winamp's. (I won't even mention WMP, hate that program with a passion)

Old 08-03-2007, 10:28 AM
jimboscomp
All Star

I download all my songs on iTunes. However, since they're locked, I re-record them on a program caled GoldWave and save them as MP3s. Then I put them on the CD I put in my Dakota. goldwave.com. I don't see anything wrong with doing this since I don't share my music, I just do it to play them on my truck as an MP3 disk. I can help you setup goldwave to record your songs, you have to play them in order to record them to the MP3. Oh, also you have to download the "LAME" compressor on their site and install that to save to MP3, it's a small plugin, no biggie.

Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM
89 dakota
Professional

I figured out a way to make an mp3 disc using i tunes. I had to re download all my music but this is way easier to do. In i tunes go to edit >preferences>advanced and then use the drop down menu where it says import using: and pick MP3 Encoder. All your music will be in MP3 format and you never have to worry!!!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jimboscomp

I download all my songs on iTunes. However, since they're locked, I re-record them on a program caled GoldWave and save them as MP3s. Then I put them on the CD I put in my Dakota. goldwave.com. I don't see anything wrong with doing this since I don't share my music, I just do it to play them on my truck as an MP3 disk. I can help you setup goldwave to record your songs, you have to play them in order to record them to the MP3. Oh, also you have to download the "LAME" compressor on their site and install that to save to MP3, it's a small plugin, no biggie.
Check out a program called Tunebite, I use it for DRM'd Ruckus files but it does iTunes too. Basically the same as what you're talking about but it installs a special audio driver to play back the music at 4x speed for re-recording. (I think the newest one does 8x but it doesn't work well on my laptop)

Old 08-05-2007, 05:19 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

is it free?

Quick Reply: Problems making mp3 disc